Why become a member? ×

Hello from London via Glasgow

jhsteel

Hi guys and girls. I'm a newbie so please be gentle. Been playing 7 years. At the moment I'm in London doing a degree at Tech Music Schools but originally I'm from Glasgow. I play in a band called The Parish Music Box. We've an album coming out in the spring (you can check us out on myspace). I also do any covers gigs I can get my hands on for a bit extra cash. At the moment I'm using a 2001 Fender Jazz Deluxe FMT and a 2004 Fender American Series Jazz going through an EBS HD350 and an EBS Neo 2x12 cab. So there you go, looking forward to foruming it up in 2008. Cheers, James.

Thanks guys.

Mr Sibs, Tech Music Schools is made up of drumtech, vocaltech and guitar X. I'm finding quite tough now I'm in my last year but the previous years haven't particularly stretched me as a musician although I have learned quite a bit about recording technology as well as improving my sense of time and groove. If you were thinking about doing a degree course like mine I'd say you should research all the possibilities. The Bass Institute, also in London, do a similar course and I'm not sure but I think Leeds College of Music might too and if you're loaded there's always Berklee.