Why become a member? ×

Janek Gwizdala

Faithless

[quote name='Doddy' post='1029416' date='Nov 19 2010, 02:50 PM']I think 'Chasing Shadows' is a really good album,and I'm not knocking Tony Gray,he's a great player. I can just sing more of Janeks tunes.
Hadrien however,is a frighteningly good player,but I find his album so hard to listen to. It's just a flurry of chops,with no real melodic content.[/quote]

Its cool, i get what you're saying :)

+1 there, i think Hadriens bass day '08 slot (the one on youtube) is an excellent case in point

Well, I can't agree by any means that Grey's 'sense of melody' is better than Janeks - it's just different.

Janek has both huge knowledge and sense of melody as he studied piano for a long time, and you can hear it in his playing/compositions.

Now, compositions - Grey can make more complex compositions but if its complex it doesn't have to mean its better.
Well at least it doesn't make me to listen to the man at all..

All in all, if you compare the three (and they're all too different to compare, I suppose..), then, I think, that Janek is no doubt most melodic player (I was gonna suggest the same thing Doddy said - try singing Hadriens, Tonys and janek's lines and you'll get it..), while Hadrien is most technical, and Tony, hmmm.. compositions maybe?

[quote name='Jase' post='1029196' date='Nov 19 2010, 12:42 PM']Well, Captain Fireblanket......Pete has made a good point.....arseholes like you piss off the guys that have something to share in the bass world!
2 definite arseholes: BBC and Captain Fireblanket, sorry Elcapitan :)[/quote]

There's no need to put the laughing face, your hilarious posts highlight what a comedy genius you are.

[quote name='ElCapitan' post='1030624' date='Nov 20 2010, 05:17 PM']There's no need to put the laughing face, your hilarious posts highlight what a comedy genius you are.[/quote]

"posts"??? [i]post[/i] you mean!

Sychophants like you should be shot like pigs!

[quote name='Faithless' post='1029933' date='Nov 19 2010, 09:30 PM']Well, I can't agree by any means that Grey's 'sense of melody' is better than Janeks - it's just different.

Janek has both huge knowledge and sense of melody as he studied piano for a long time, and you can hear it in his playing/compositions.

Now, compositions - Grey can make more complex compositions but if its complex it doesn't have to mean its better.
Well at least it doesn't make me to listen to the man at all..

All in all, if you compare the three (and they're all too different to compare, I suppose..), then, I think, that Janek is no doubt most melodic player (I was gonna suggest the same thing Doddy said - try singing Hadriens, Tonys and janek's lines and you'll get it..), while Hadrien is most technical, and Tony, hmmm.. compositions maybe?[/quote]

ive never disputed or questioned Janeks knowledge of music, i just think Tony Greys compositions and melodic writing are better.

Having transcribed tunes by both players, I dont find that Tony Greys lines are any harder to remember or sing