Why become a member? ×

Ancient 4x15 Marshall cab for sale

howdoesitgoagain

Ok, I have decided to sell this rather lovely [ but seriously distressed ] old cab.. and use the proceeds to buy a 15 inch driver for my Mesa that is farting severely :)

It comes complete with 4 15 inch 50 watt Celetions that need recones.

I was going to sort it out but really lack the time and space to justify this and so bought a 4x10 and will also use a 1x15 ..

50 quid , no offers, if it doesn't sell here I will put it on fleabay next free listing day whenever that is :)

I would trade for a good working driver if that is good for anyone . 200-300 watts is plenty.

Cheers, Steve.
Location Malvern, Worcestershire.

[quote name='vmaxblues' post='1023056' date='Nov 14 2010, 12:53 AM']another local bass player![/quote]
ha ha, yep, I went out cycling with the club today and it turns out a new guy is also a bass player, some of my best mates play bass, perhaps we are just really nice people :)
It seems less ego threatening being in the prescence of other bass players, guitarists are a bit more sensitive about this sort of thing...

so you buyng my cab then vmaxblues ? :)

I wanted one of these so much when I was younger. It was the picture of Gerry McAvoy on a Rory Gallagher album and seeing them live. Marshall will do a re-cover at an unbelievably cheap price. An immense cab. Shame my back is stuffed with a trapped nerve. Best wishes from another bass player (also into cycling) from that part of the world, Bromyard, in my youth, many,many years ago.

Edited by 3below

[quote name='3below' post='1023855' date='Nov 14 2010, 07:59 PM']I wanted one of these so much when I was younger. It was the picture of Gerry McAvoy on a Rory Gallagher album and seeing them live. Marshall will do a re-cover at an unbelievably cheap price. An immense cab. Shame my back is stuffed with a trapped nerve. Best wishes from another bass player (also into cycling) from that part of the world, Bromyard, in my youth, many,many years ago.[/quote]

Not that heavy tbh, no worse than my Ashdown 4x10, mostly air and the drivers are lightweight 50 watt efforts.

[quote name='colda' post='1029638' date='Nov 19 2010, 05:16 PM']Hmmmmmm, tempting especially as I'll be driving up and down the M5 tomorrow[/quote]
I am in tomorrow :lol:

I really would like it rehomed asap as it shouldn't be living in the shed.... the wife would freak should another large black box appear in the front room :D :) :)

[quote name='howdoesitgoagain' post='1029641' date='Nov 19 2010, 05:20 PM']I am in tomorrow :lol:

I really would like it rehomed asap as it shouldn't be living in the shed.... the wife would freak should another large black box appear in the front room :D :) :)[/quote]

apologies - I just pulled my response after mentioning the idea to the missus and got a reaction that could be best described as not totally in favour of bring more gear into the house (didn't even get as far as mentioning the size)

[quote name='colda' post='1029647' date='Nov 19 2010, 05:24 PM']apologies - I just pulled my response after mentioning the idea to the missus and got a reaction that could be best described as not totally in favour of bring more gear into the house (didn't even get as far as mentioning the size)[/quote]

Cover it in a nice throw and put a vase of flowers on top.... works every time ..

[quote name='alex1995' post='1029941' date='Nov 19 2010, 09:35 PM']i live in herefordshire could i give it a go see how it sounds then maybe consider it[/quote]

ha ha, yep, you will need to sort the drivers out though... you do realise this ? not much sound going on at the moment but it was [size=6]BIG[/size] when I used to use it :) It has been used for guitar in the past, pretty immense. ...

Some one suggested getting a couple of 300 watt 15 inch speakers and blanking the top holes [ maybe a port ], the thing is so battered further butchering is not that important, if it doesn't go this is what I might do with it and paint some psycho patterns on the grill for effect.

I reckon it would cost about 120 quid to get a working beast of a cab if you go the 2 driver route.

[quote name='colda' post='1029993' date='Nov 19 2010, 11:19 PM']these are what I would have put in it:

[url="http://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/4-x-celestion-bl15150-bass-guitar-speakers-15-bundle-pack-p-512.html"]http://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/4-x-c...pack-p-512.html[/url][/quote] Can you give dimensions of the cab please? Any idea of the weight? (trying to see if it'll fit in the back of a car). Are the existing speakers 16 ohms and wired in parallel, giving total load of 4 ohms?

[quote name='harmonator' post='1030378' date='Nov 20 2010, 01:11 PM']Can you give dimensions of the cab please? Any idea of the weight? (trying to see if it'll fit in the back of a car). Are the existing speakers 16 ohms and wired in parallel, giving total load of 4 ohms?[/quote]

height is 36 inches, depth 15 and width 35 . It was originally a bit deeper but the front edge has been removed [ to facilitate getting into a car, the same has happened to my little Mesa Boogie 15 cab! ] . see pic.

Weight .... not heavy considering size, probably the same weight as my 4x10, it feels like nothing with no drivers in it, just a bit awkward to shift on your own.
Not sure how it was wired, just had some 16 ohm green backs in it. Those Celestions in [the link] look like good value.

cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='CraigPlaysBass' post='1050260' date='Dec 7 2010, 10:14 AM']Any idea of a model number/name?[/quote]
No idea..... I will have a look when I venture out into the barn :) It is under some tarps at the moment. It has greenback 50 watt 16 ohm drivers if that helps..
now listed for your amusement on fleabay
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290508941276&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT"]cab fleabay[/url]

[quote name='Delberthot' post='1050338' date='Dec 7 2010, 11:21 AM']Cheap as you like when you compare it to [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Marshall-4-x-15-Bass-Cab-/250738081304?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item3a61277e18"]this[/url]

For just over £200 including recovering you could have a cracking bass cab here.[/quote]
thats a very optimistic price