Why become a member? ×

Libraries

Hit&Run

I used to work in a library (whilst in 6th form, a long time ago), and even then there were quite a few bass books (and lots of guitar books) on the shelves.

Fast forward a decade and I pop back in to see what they've got, and am pleasantly surprised:
[list]
[*]a couple of copies of Jaco's modern electric bass
[*]a few different instalments of Chuck Rainey's bass method
[*]several beginner's books
[*]a book on bass guitar harmonics
[*]a collection of bass articles from 'guitar player' in the 70s (Stanley Clarke, Carol Kaye, Jeff Berlin etc..)
[*]building jazz/rock/metal basslines
[*]others that I can't remember
[/list]
Also, every month they get a copy of 'guitar & bass' magazine. It's a bit limited bass-wise, but has interviews, product reviews and musical examples from a player. The bass player featured often ties in with the cover guitarist [i]eg[/i] Hendrix on the cover, Noel Redding is featured; Brian May on the cover, John Deacon inside etc..
So, my question is: Does anyone out there actively use their library as a source of material for study/musical growth?

Theoretically, the British Library keeps a copy of every book ever published (in this country?), so you could request just about anything (for 60p). I wonder if they'd be able to get that Jamiroquai transcriptions book....?