Why become a member? ×

effects power supplies

blind pilot

right - I now have five pedals on my board, each with their own supplies, varying from 2.2mA up to 200mA, I have a power supply rated to 2 amps, my question is thus - can i just daisy chain from this ( in parallel) to power all my pedals? will i get issues with ground loop hum etc?

Just sick of having so many wall warts!

thanks y'all :)

2A is a lot and you should easily be able to daisy-chain 5 pedals with that much power. You shouldn't get any mains hum but if you do then devices such as a 'virtual battery' isolate the power for that particular problem pedal and eliminate the hum.

[quote name='blind pilot' post='1020425' date='Nov 11 2010, 05:26 PM']right - I now have five pedals on my board, each with their own supplies, varying from 2.2mA up to 200mA, I have a power supply rated to 2 amps, my question is thus - can i just daisy chain from this ( in parallel) to power all my pedals? will i get issues with ground loop hum etc?

Just sick of having so many wall warts!

thanks y'all :)[/quote]

Yep.
I bought a premade 5 way daisy chain lead off the internet for £4 a few days back and then spent another £2 on odd connectors to make little adaptors that fit pedals that don't use a 2.1mm Neg tip input - works just fine :)

Maplins do the pre-made daisy-chain jobbies, can't remember how much it was but definitely less than a tenner.

Worth buying one to experiment with. Even if it turns out that it doesn't do quite what you wanted, it's the sort of thing that still deserves a place in your gig-bag if only for that magic day when you use it to totally rescue your lead guitarist, dude.

:)