Why become a member? ×

Thread removed 12-11-2010

watton_earth

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1030328' date='Nov 20 2010, 12:28 PM']There is that! Also it would require his endorsement & he's always said he never actually enjoyed playing Ricks, it was only ever about the sound. Not the best publicity for RIC.

J.[/quote]

Ah, I had thought it was RIC that was the problem, but perhaps not, back to my original post another addition that adds cred, on his 4080 he replaced the 6 string pups with Gibson PAFs, that's quite major surgery.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1030692' date='Nov 20 2010, 06:25 PM']So is a luthier building the bass for the OP, using the Jap Faker he got here? Just trying to clarify what's going on, having missed this when the first post was up.

Although I don't know why he doesn't just come on the thread & tell us!

J.[/quote]

I didn't see the original post either, but [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=110795&view=findpost&p=1023420"]Silddx commented[/url] on the luthier's introduction thread about this project.

Actually the OP's post was deleted two days before the luthier turned up, so I don't know what's going on either. :)

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1030692' date='Nov 20 2010, 06:25 PM']So is a luthier building the bass for the OP, using the Jap Faker he got here? Just trying to clarify what's going on, having missed this when the first post was up.

Although I don't know why he doesn't just come on the thread & tell us!

J.[/quote]

Pretty much yeah. It was my old CMI rickenfaker with the two body wings removed and a new body created by the luthier. Have to say it looked excellent tbh.

[quote name='Musky' post='1030613' date='Nov 20 2010, 05:09 PM']I'm guessing that the thread was pulled at the request of the luthier making it - after you pointed out this thread in the introductions forum! :lol:

Mr. Hall may indeed have better things to do than set the hounds on custom builders, but that won't necessarily stop them from getting jumpy! Bit of a shame really, as I'd have like to see how this panned out.[/quote]
Even Weirder! Did I do something weird, or something? :) :)