Why become a member? ×

Any Spinal Tap fans here ?

Lorne

[quote name='charic' post='1015423' date='Nov 7 2010, 04:55 PM']Brilliant, I would've thought it would add to the value if anything :) a pitbull as a leprechaun? Now that is scary![/quote]

Nah, Wilson is a big baby, shares his home with a black Labrador

Here's Wilson, trying out the Spinal Tap case for comfort, he's a BIG dog :)

[url="http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/190968/Spinal%20Tap/?action=view&current=BCDOUBLE004.jpg"][/url]

Just had it confirmed by my good friend and Vice President of B.C.Rich 1975 to 1984, Mal Stich, he remembers all the Spinal Tap instruments being returned in a sorry state and sitting in his office for a year before a dealer phoned them and bought the lot

I sent him the pictures of the bass now and a black and white picture of Derek holding the bass and he put the pictures together and made this

[url="http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/190968/Spinal%20Tap/?action=view&current=comparison.jpg"][/url]

BTW, for those interested, The owner and myself have been discussing returning the bass to it's original condition, he is going to speak to his luthier to see IF it can be done, and is able to strip other vintage B.C.Riches of original creme DiMarzios and Chrome Grover Titans and Imperials, and use the Bich parts on the basses he uses as donors.Shame he has to do this, but the Imperials are impossible to get and Although I have 2 sets of Vintage Chrome Titans spare, he would rather do it this way

So, fingers crossed, the red necks can be striped :)

[quote name='Lorne' post='1016069' date='Nov 8 2010, 09:55 AM']BTW, for those interested, The owner and myself have been discussing returning the bass to it's original condition, he is going to speak to his luthier to see IF it can be done, and is able to strip other vintage B.C.Riches of original creme DiMarzios and Chrome Grover Titans and Imperials, and use the Bich parts on the basses he uses as donors.Shame he has to do this, but the Imperials are impossible to get and Although I have 2 sets of Vintage Chrome Titans spare, he would rather do it this way

So, fingers crossed, the red necks can be [b]striped[/b] :)[/quote]

Think you mean stripped!

[quote name='Lorne' post='1016069' date='Nov 8 2010, 09:55 AM']BTW, for those interested, The owner and myself have been discussing returning the bass to it's original condition, he is going to speak to his luthier to see IF it can be done, and is able to strip other vintage B.C.Riches of original creme DiMarzios and Chrome Grover Titans and Imperials, and use the Bich parts on the basses he uses as donors.Shame he has to do this, but the Imperials are impossible to get and Although I have 2 sets of Vintage Chrome Titans spare, he would rather do it this way

So, fingers crossed, the red necks can be striped :)[/quote]

Fingers are well and truly crossed.

Can we get pics of the stonehenge too? :)