Why become a member? ×

Status - Sold

Dr.Dave

I really do mean one or the other. As soon as one sells , the other WILL be withdrawn.

These two are doing such a similar job for me and I can't decide which I want to sell , so I'll leave it to the market.

Jon Shuker bolt-on custom , fretted 4. The body is African walnut with a 'rotten' maple top. The neck - a 5 way sandwich of walnut and maple with a phenolic board. The side dots are red LED's. They're turned on and off by the push/pull volume pot. Very useful thing to have. The pegs are Gotoh's bar the e-string which has a hipshot xtender on it. The regular peg is included though.

The Bartolini MM pup is wired 3 ways , series/parallel/coil tap , selected by the rotary switch below the vol pot. The 3 band eq (centre clicked pots) is Jon's own and you can alter the mid sweep by removing the back panel and turning the pot there. It's an 18v system - the LED's have their own battery , so 3 PP3's on board. The 2 for the eq are under their own cover , the LED one in the main compartment.

The monorail bridge means there's a brass insert beside the nut to earth everything ncely - clever lad , Jon. The strap pins are dunlop straplock ones.

It looks stunning - really does - and it's not had a scratch since the day I collected it from Jon - maybe 5 or 6 years back now. You can easily get any noise you want from it and several you haven't even thought of !!

Mr Shuker also had a hand with the Status. A series 3000 (also a fretted 4) - it's satin finished mahogany body was badly dinged on top. Jon shaved several mil off the top and made a new one of spalted beech - then gave the whole body a high gloss finish.

The neck is a headless graphite bolt on. Bar the knobs (they were nesty plastic , now they're black chrome) and the dunlop strap pins (3 so they all match) it's a stock s3000 - so 2 status j pups , clicked vol and centre clicked tone and pup swing.

It too looks a stunner - plays like a dream with a wide variety of sounds - bassy/glassy...... it's all there.

Right - money. Easy to work this out. I have just shy of a grand tied up in the Shuker and £530 in the Status. That's what I want - or something very close indeed. I wouldn't bother offering trades but I am prepared to listen if someone offers a decent deposit - though if the rest isn't forthcoming don't expect it back until the bass is sold to someone else.

If you demand it - I'll have it prepared best I can and awaiting your courier . but I'd much prefer you came round and tried it , or both for that matter. As I said - I will only sell one though. I'm in Wakefield , West Yorks.

If you've any Q's or want specific pics please ask publicly then we can all see. I'll be putting a few ore pics on soon anyway.

Edited by Dr.Dave

24 hrs on and it's the Status I'm getting PM's about , so here's a couple of shots and comments.

It's 100% ding and blemish free (as is the shuker for that matter) If you think you see anything on the pics it's either a reflection or a fingermark I assure you.

The first pic is a few years back , just finished and still had those horrible plastic knobs on. You can have them if you must.

The other pics are today - on my sofa by the window , no flash , so the light is as critical as you'll get. Photoshopping only to resize , nothing more. I'm no pro photographer but if anyone wants a specific pic - ask.

Here's a link to another thread about this bass - in it I talk about side LED's like I have i the shuker but I never got round to having it done.
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3731&hl=DR.Dave"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=DR.Dave[/url]

Edited by Dr.Dave

OK - I'll go for it Dave.

PM coming.

Later - regrettably (and embarassingly for me) I've had to change my mind on this one. NOT Dave's fault and NOT a problem with either of these two fine basses.

So ... erm ... bump.

Edited by Happy Jack

YOU'RE embarrassed ???!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to have to ring Madame Soixante Neuf and tell her to take the belt sander out of the microwave - how do you think I feel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No worries matey - the rest of you are back in the hunt then , and may be worth telling you that - on my bathroom scales - the bass weighs somewhere around 4.5 kgs which I think is around 10 lbs in proper money.

Well - the deal is done and the Status is now sold. As I'd said , the remaining bass (being the Shuker) is withdrawn from sale.

Thanks for all your PM's , interest and the odd private knob gag !!!

One or two of you asked if I were giving up playing as I've sold a couple of basses recently and not been posting as much. Nope - gigging as much as ever but spending a lot of time on my narrowboat where the joys of the interweb are available to me but I choose not to use them!! I shall try to make a greater effort to talk utter bollocks on the forums in the future.