Why become a member? ×

Hi all im Axel from london :D

axelbass

Hi
im Axel im from london and i play bass :)
Ive been playing for 6 years now i started when i was 12 im now 18 as you can guess.
My first bass was a £60 build it yourself guitar and frankly it was the best christmas ever.
i love the bass it made me happy to play, i still have the same bass its lasted me a long
time lol but recently ive decided its time for an upgrade, i dont have much money ill
probably spend maybe £400 so has anyone got any suggestions as to what i should get?

I play all kinds of music anything from Blues to Metal or Funk to Punk lol, but my
favourite band of all time is kiss.
i dont have much gear, i only have my 6yr old build it yourself bass, a cheap 30watt amp
and a busted and very annoying jack lead lol.
Ive been in 2 bands both with a bad names lol but its fun to jam with friends,
but at the moment im not in a group, college takes up alot of my time. :s

so yea hi and i cant wait to see what this forum has to teach me :) thanks

£400 will get you a lot of bass these days. There are always the Squier Classic Vibe range of course, or maybe something by Yamaha, who rarely make a bad bass. Or maybe a Warwick Rockbass Fortress. There was one of them for sale here a while back for £200, eventually £165 notes, in Gatwick, so not too far from you, shame you were not around in August for it. But you can get a new one for less than £400 if you shop around.

Take your time and look around.

Welcome to the forum. Wish id taken up the bass as a young un like you. Keep it up.

Welcome to Basschat.

£400 will get you a lot of bass, all the makes so far get a lot of love on this forum. Being a Fender man, I`d also throw in the Mexican range of Fenders. some good, some not so good, but worth looking at. Get a good one, and it could be a keeper.

I`d suggest visiting a few music shops, looking at basses within yr price range in these brands, try them out, then try and spot a 2nd hand one here on Basschat. For a £400 new bass, yr prob looking at between £200 - £300 2nd hand on here, poss with case/gig-bag - leaves a nice chunk of dosh towards a more powerful amp :)