Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Parker PB61 Spalted Maple 4 String Bass

Mzungu71

Hi There,

I'm looking to move on my Parker PB61 acquired in a trade on this very forum with Eubassix

I've attached some photos for your perusal

Very nice bass, bit of a rare bird and has striking looks.

I've had it restrung by a local luthier who has set it up nice and low and set the intonation too.

It's strung with a set of Ernie Ball Slinkys.

There's barely a mark on it, as new I'd say

I would like £480.00 (NOW £450.00) posted for the bass.

As for trades, what do you have?

I would be very interested in P basses and also MusicMan Subs

4 string only though

Cheers

Gary

Edited by Mzungu71

[quote name='The Burpster' post='1007028' date='Oct 31 2010, 09:42 AM']Oh you do do you - ? :)

Frick me a Parker fly just down the road.... I may just come and have a noodle myself!

Although I'm away ths week !

Bob.[/quote]

Sure Bob, drop me a PM at some point and we'll sort it out

Cheers

[quote name='sunfish' post='1010707' date='Nov 3 2010, 01:20 PM']Nice looking bass
What is the width of the nut? Is it like a Jazz type neck?

Also, what is the weight?
Cheers[/quote]

Hi Sunfish, thanks for your query.

The bass is 4cm or 1 and 5/8 inches in old money which is a couple is mm wider than my warwick corvette, but it's closer to a J than a P in feel

As for weight it is 9lbs

Hope this helps

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='1011430' date='Nov 3 2010, 10:15 PM']Are the wings walnut?[/quote]

Here are all the specs on the geetar lifted from Eubassix's original post

Specs: Mahogany body with Spalted maple top. Construction: Solid two piece, neck-through construction Finish: Satin. Bridge: Mono rail string thru. Neck Wood: Mahogany Neck Design: 7 piece construction Neck-Body Joint: Neck thru Scale: 34" Number of Frets: 24 Fret Material: Nickel Silver Fret Size: .045" high, .095" wide. Fret Board: Phenolic. Fretboard Shape: 10" - 15" conical form Neck Shape. Nut: Brass. Truss Rod: Double 17.322 Tuners: Open gear L-4 Electronics Mag. Pickups: Active EMG 35CS Mag. Config: 2 active PreAmp/Mixer: Active EMG 35 HZ Other Controls: Volume, blend, 2 active EQ Weight: 9 pounds. 1.5" nut, 10 - 16 - 19 spacings, V-V-B-T

Edited by Mzungu71

[quote name='Spoombung' post='1011917' date='Nov 4 2010, 12:19 PM']Interesting bass. How does it play? What kind of finish does it have?[/quote]

The finish is kinda like varnished wood, fairly smooth to the touch but not gloss piant like.

Plays like a jazz pretty much, failry well balanced. I had the strap pin moved from the rear of the horn to the end to stop the strap twisting uncomfortably.

Low action, has a lot of punch owing to the active electronics, come and have a play if you're ever in the Lincoln area

Cheers

[quote name='Mzungu71' post='1011999' date='Nov 4 2010, 01:16 PM']Low action, has a lot of punch owing to the active electronics, come and have a play if you're ever in the Lincoln area

Cheers[/quote]

I'd like to. Got friends in Boston Lincs but no plans to visit before Christmas, unfortunately.