Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: Farida FJB20

AdamWoodBass

Hi guys,

Ok reluctant to sell this cos it is a wonderful bass but unfortunately I need a new 5 string cos my Yamaha is on its last legs and I've got loads of gigs coming up!

Its a Farida FJB20: 4 strings, natural high gloss finish, black scratch plate and black block inlays on a maple fretboard.

Can't upload any photos at the mo as my internet is down so I'm posting this on my Blackberry!

A quick google search will show you what it looks like but essentially it looks like a 75 Fender Jazz. The bottom cutaway is quite unique as the bottom horn is much smaller than a standard jazz. This is really good if you play a lot of upper fret stuff as there's nothing getting in your way.

Price wise I'm looking for £350, its in as new condition as I've not really used it all that much except for studio work.

I'd be willing to post but obviously buyer pays the postage, I'll sort out a quote if I get any serious interest.

As for trades it would have to be a decent reliable 5 string, I'm not really looking for anything super high end as it'll be used as a workhorse. Anything like a 5 string MIM Jazz would be ideal.

As soon as my tinterweb is back up and running I'll get some pics uploaded.

Cheers guys

Adam

Edited by AdamWoodBass

[quote name='cetera' post='1002256' date='Oct 27 2010, 11:55 AM']You do know this is only £299 new online don't you :)[/quote]

So it is, I had no idea they'd gone down so far in price! I paid nearly £500 for mine!

I suppose in light of this new info I'd say I'm looking for £200 then. Anything less and I'd be ripping myself off cos this really is an awesome bass. I suppose I'm more interested in trades now too! Anyone got a 5 string they want to swap?

[quote name='AdamWoodBass' post='1002439' date='Oct 27 2010, 01:50 PM']So it is, I had no idea they'd gone down so far in price! I paid nearly £500 for mine!

I suppose in light of this new info I'd say I'm looking for £200 then. Anything less and I'd be ripping myself off cos this really is an awesome bass. I suppose I'm more interested in trades now too! Anyone got a 5 string they want to swap?[/quote]im going to big this bass up and say i played one and they are frikkin awsome...out put and tone is is way past a standard Fender jazz..yes i mean a USA...fantastic basses..

Unfortunately for the sale but luckily for me I've come to me senses and realised that I love this bass far too much to let it go. Sorry guys but I'm gonna have to withdraw it cos its one of the nicest basses I've ever owned and if all I can get is 200 quid for it then I'd much rather keep it!