Why become a member? ×

New rack set up, advice required...I think!?

Meenie

Ok,
So I've gone and got myself a crown power amp and a korg tuner to go in my rack mount, I am using a sansamp deluxe pedal as my preamp though so here's where I maybe need advice(or don't as the case may be)

I was thinking that wiring in the tuner inbetween the pre and power amp would be maybe detrimental to the sound quality so I was going to wire the rig... Bass-tuner-sansamp-power amp-cab.
My only issue with this is that I will be going back and forth to and from the rack mount case, is this necessary or can I wire it... Bass-Sansamp-tuner-power amp-cab?

Any help would be much appreciated, sorry if this is the dumbest question ever...I am a drummer too you know!
:)

Yes..I don't know that pre amp, but you should have line out to the tuner...or if you can't do that..which would be a stupid design, iMV, daisy chain the pre-tuner-power.

I assume you are only running one channel of the power amp...or are running bridged?

I run my rig like this:-

into amp (preamp)

out of fx send to compressor

out of compressor to korg tuner (so I can use its mute button, and the comp isnt compressing any noise from it)

out of tuner to fx return (power amp for you)

I have no issues with the signal quality as a result of putting the korg tuner in the path that I can hear...

Edited by 51m0n

Cheers for your help guys, this is the pedal I'm using, I'll try out using the tuner in fx loop and before the pedal see which works best, still gonna have to have leads coming back and forth from the rack I guess but I'm sure I can live with that.

[url="http://www.tech21nyc.com/support/manuals/sansamp/CharacSeries-VT_DLX-OM.pdf"]http://www.tech21nyc.com/support/manuals/s...s-VT_DLX-OM.pdf[/url]