Why become a member? ×

Anyone heard of a bass player called Nigel Clutterbuck?

Thunderthumbs

[quote name='Darryll-Profane' post='116271' date='Jan 8 2008, 03:14 PM']Having an open mind I feel helps me enjoy music.[/quote]

Having an open mind, then forming an opinion, helps me to enjoy music.

Just saying 'it's all good' isn't really very interesting to me.

It also doesn't lead to very many interesting discussions...

There seems to be quite a few people here who want consensus above all.

Not me :)

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='116293' date='Jan 8 2008, 03:54 PM']Having an open mind, then forming an opinion, helps me to enjoy music.

Just saying 'it's all good' isn't really very interesting to me.

It also doesn't lead to very many interesting discussions...

There seems to be quite a few people here who want consensus above all.

Not me :huh:[/quote]

Not going to disagree on that man.

I really wouldn't wish for consensus of opinion but I just feel some of the arguments tossed backwards and forwards are a bit tired. Whether they be ERB based, Slap playing etc etc etc.

insert cliched we should all just live and let live type nonsense here :) Ha ha. Think I might be too much of a hippy.

• 2 months later...

I was just reading this and laughing to myself thinking of someone videoing themselves playing the bass lines to an AC/DC track solo, by themselves, without any backing. 6.04 of 'A'...

A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A
D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D
A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A ..... etc

It may have been 'musical' but it wouldn't make a great video would it? :huh:

I watched this video ages ago and enjoyed it for what it was - I have never gone back to look at it again, haven't spent a second trying to cop any of it - its a party trick and, like all party tricks, is for special occasions, for a laugh, in the moment. What this kind of thing does do, however, and I think this is irrefutable, is tell us all that there are not really any boundaries to our chosen instrument, only those that we set ourselves. I don't buy Manring, Wooten or Baudin cds, I wouldn't listen to them, but, once in a while, I will admit that I go back for another look just because I think that these guys have to exist to remind us that the sky is the limit.

Nigel Clutterbuck, I salute you. :)

Now where is my copy of 'If You Want Blood....'

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='113968' date='Jan 5 2008, 11:53 AM']A few years ago I was leaving a gig at the Astoria in London and saw a large crowd of people surrounding a couple of people who were having sex on some stairs leading into a building. It was about 11.00pm. I suppose a lot of people thought that this was particularly impressive, but it's not really something I want to see in public.
P[/quote]

That analogy is drivel. Oh, snap!

I remember Nigel when he was working at A1 music and also when he teamed up with Darren and Vinny in Dare. Didn't fit in too well though, I think darren only gave him the job on his looks. Vinny thought he was far too funky. Great technical player though and 10 times the player I will ever be :)

Ian