Why become a member? ×

Hipshot Bass Xtender Questions

danweb22

Was thinking of getting one of these for my Squier CV P bass, so 2 questions;

1. Which model do I need to fit the Squier CV?

and.....

2. I want to use it so I can drop to C, has anyone else tried it with this tuning and does it work OK with normal gauge strings?

Many thanks in advance!!

Dan

Edited by danweb22

[quote name='Doddy' post='1007529' date='Oct 31 2010, 06:32 PM']You can drop down to B if you want to. Matt Garrison and Janek Gwizdala both do this
with theirs.[/quote]

I've never managed to 'get' this thing. I mean, how the hell can you drop an E string 2,5 tones lower and still have it 'playable'? (it should become some sort of 'sausage', innit?)

And, other thing - I barely imagine myself playing in the following tuning: B A D G C....

Am I missing something here?

I love mine for playing drop D (which is kinda what they were designed for) which is a common tuning for rock and blues.

I knda go with Faithless here in that going down further reuires a proper set up IMHO and surely it would be easier - more sensible just using a 5 string.

Also the reorientation of fignering for dropD isnt that stressful to get around but would be a complete mind frick for anything lower, plus all the potential intonation and relief issues .....

:)