Why become a member? ×

Now Sold!

Hobbayne

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1000846' date='Oct 26 2010, 09:50 AM']Bump[/quote]

I've a Ray I would consider trading for this - unfortunately it weighs more than your Precision at 10lbs :) 9.5lbs aint bad for a late 70's P I believe.

Unless you get a nice trans Ash Ray a lot of Rays (notice I didn't say all so MM fanatics don't pounce) with solid finishes come up in the 9.5 lb category

[quote name='martthebass' post='1000950' date='Oct 26 2010, 11:35 AM']I've a Ray I would consider trading for this - unfortunately it weighs more than your Precision at 10lbs :) 9.5lbs aint bad for a late 70's P I believe.

Unless you get a nice trans Ash Ray a lot of Rays (notice I didn't say all so MM fanatics don't pounce) with solid finishes come up in the 9.5 lb category[/quote]

I see you have 2 Rays in your sig, I take it your talking about the 30th Anni Model?

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1001258' date='Oct 26 2010, 03:57 PM']I see you have 2 Rays in your sig, I take it your talking about the 30th Anni Model?[/quote]

Potentially, but as I say, unfortunately it is a bit weighty being a fair sized piece of Mahoog. The SR5 is the lighter of my 2 MMs.....

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='997948' date='Oct 23 2010, 12:32 PM']I,m thinking about selling or swapping my 1977 vintage P Bass as its a bit too heavy for me theses days! :)
All serious offers considered or swaps for similar quality instruments, I,m thinking about a stingray or maybe a less weighty Precision.
It was setup and restrung by the Bass Centre in London last week with elites 45-105,s and the action and neck set the way I wanted.
It was fitted with active pickups when I bought it over 10 years ago, but I had it professionally restored to its original glory.
So its all original except for
Fender Vintage Pickups with cloth wiring loom
Pickguard
V & T controls from a 1973 P Bass
TGI flight case.
I,m looking at around £1200.
Cheers!
Paul. :)[/quote]

I've edited the Subject line as it was no longer set up last week, it was the week before! :lol:

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1004216' date='Oct 28 2010, 07:08 PM']I,ll bump this one last time and then its back in the case for another time :)[/quote]
I have a beautiful condition Gibson les paul Bartolini deluxe bass with hipshot detuner and bartolini system from 92' in a brand new hitchcox hard case , if youre interested in a swap plus any adjustment i can publish some pics!Its fairly light due to its smallish body and jazz neck proportions,all the best H

• 2 months later...

[quote name='silddx' post='1080053' date='Jan 6 2011, 04:21 PM']Picture No1 is the greatest ever! :lol:[/quote]

Blimey! :) That,ll teach me to keep off the Jack Daniels while in charge of an iphone camera! :)
Now rectified :D