Why become a member? ×

Bass Day UK 2007

Gary.Lowe

Skelf - sorry, I complete forgot you posted here and actually chatted to you but didn't introduce myself :) Sorry! A belated hello! I was the bald bloke that tried AD's six earlier in the day and was asking you about the filters on it ( probably one of hundreds that day!). I would loved to have tried it in more depth but had to give up on trying to hear it over Bernie's stand :huh: Those EQs are superb.

Alpha Dave - what is the tuning on that bass? I know it was E to E but there seemed to be a fourth between the 3rd and 2nd. Unfortunately, the backgound noise was too great for me to make any kind of more meaningful judgement!

And as for Hadrien's vid :huh: I hope he left some notes in it for you!

Cheers,
Alun

Alun
I do remember you. The EBS rig opposite me was pretty full on and by the end of the day I was sick of it.
I did spend a fair bit of time talking about the pre-amp as it does not work the same way as the standard cut and boost EQ.
As there is two filters one for each pickup if the blend is fully on the neck pickup and you are moving the filter for the bridge pickup nothing appears to happen. So I was watching people to make sure they understood that bit as I did not want them going away thinking parts of it did nothing.

Ped I didn't see you must have been talking at someone.

A shot of the stand with most of the basses.
The jazz basses were John East's,we were on the same stand they were there to demo his pre-amps.

Hi All

Great vid of hadrien, We will be getting together the video footage of the performances we got soon so keep an eye out on the site.

We will start planning for Bass Day UK 2008 in the next month or so and hopefully have it at the RNCM again as the venue was great.

Thanks to everyone who came both traders and public and the support we got from everyone, we hope to grow this event more and more each year. The event is getting more exposure now and getting a lot of interest from both traders and artists.