Why become a member? ×

How to look after Bubinga

Pyrolator

You can buy loads of stuff over the counter to feed/treat wood, most proprietary furniture polishes that contain beeswax will do. You could use the wax that Warwick offer for their natural finishes or boiled linseed oil etc. It's a matter of personal choice as they all have distinctive smells and leave your bass with a slightly different feel/texture.

Save yourself some time and money before you start experimenting and visit that cupboard under the kitchen sink first; look for Mr. Sheen with wax!

To look after my natural finish Warwick I use Warwick finishing wax:

[url="http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/Catalogue/ViewProduct.aspx?productId=1089"]http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/Catalogue/V...?productId=1089[/url]

The tub that came with my bass has lasted me a good few years now. Will probably need to buy more by the end of this year.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='114786' date='Jan 6 2008, 04:55 PM']Stay away from Mr. Sheen, that has silicon in and that makes finishing pro's angry. Everyone hates silicon. Unless it hasn't got silicon in and I made that up. Natural beeswax, Rustins wood finishing products are all good.[/quote]

some polishes may contain silicone, but not silicon

sorry if i sound pedantic, but there's quite a difference...

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='martthebass' post='114835' date='Jan 6 2008, 06:23 PM']To continue the pedantic theme - Silicone contains silicon so in principle if the polish contains silicone it also contains silicon (just not elemental silicon).[/quote]

i know...but that seemed pedant overload, even for me....

:)