Why become a member? ×

status s3000 quick sale £550!!! sold to rob_89 wahey!!!!!!!

adledman

recently took this bass in trade and need to move it on hopefully for cash but a lower value bass and some cash would also be cool. its a 4 string headless active solid wood body slaptastic machine. the frets have been polished up and there is hardly any wear and the electrics are all spot on. i thought this bass was described as a good few years old in its original advert on ebay but from the look of the neck it does not look very old at all. if anyone knows how to date them i would appreciate it. it has a zero fret and the action is amazingly low, electrics are volume, balance and tone and it surprised me in the tones it can produce from toptastic slap to a nice mid` growl to a good full bottom end. the only issues it has is some buckle rash on the rear. otherwise its pretty much spotless. there you go! it is what it is, a good example of a top english made graphite necked bass. £650 posted to your door in its hard case that is tank like in construction. or a trade w.h.y

quick sale needed. now only £550 plus carriage

Edited by adledman

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='989405' date='Oct 15 2010, 04:31 PM']These first appeared in 1988 I think. The later `Energy' graphite necked model was very similar, however the 3000 had a solid `block' finish on the neck with no visible graphite weave (which appeared on the Energy models!). Great bass! All the best!

Nick[/quote]

cheers for the info nick. all the best

Great for a bit of buget Mark King action!

I can quite imagine how good this will sound. I had a Status Matrix bass with singlecoil pickups and the same peamps as this. It had a Walnut body, but I'm sure they will sound fairly similar. Lots of Status growl and pop but in a slightly more subtle way, and could easily slot in to a gig where you'd used a jazz bass without too much fuss. A nice option for someone who fancies a Status but finds the typical old skool S2's to be too aggressive sounding (not me though, I love them like that).

[quote name='Chris2112' post='989462' date='Oct 15 2010, 05:25 PM']Great for a bit of buget Mark King action!

I can quite imagine how good this will sound. I had a Status Matrix bass with singlecoil pickups and the same peamps as this. It had a Walnut body, but I'm sure they will sound fairly similar. Lots of Status growl and pop but in a slightly more subtle way, and could easily slot in to a gig where you'd used a jazz bass without too much fuss. A nice option for someone who fancies a Status but finds the typical old skool S2's to be too aggressive sounding (not me though, I love them like that).[/quote]

hi chris, i have had jaydee`s before but never had a status and can honestly say was very surprised at the quite vast array of tones this can produce for such a simply configured pre amp, jazz bass to ricky topy growl and big fat hi-fi. it is very versatile.

[quote name='Lucid' post='989582' date='Oct 15 2010, 07:28 PM']Oh my these are so cool. To latch on to the previous post, what does each control do exactly (I have an S2 Classic but the electronics/controls are obviously different)?[/quote]

hi, its volume balance and tone. cheers

[quote name='adledman' post='993275' date='Oct 19 2010, 10:51 AM']yes they are difficult to get hold of :)[/quote]

The funny thing was, when I traded my first Kubicki (a 1989 Fender "crossover" example with the original parts and 18V preamp) it ended up for sale here a few weeks later for £550, when I was skint! If I'd have had the cash I would have bought it back!