Why become a member? ×

Effects board vs Pedal board

BASainty

I have never really used effects before in my playing but I wana start experimenting and iv noticed you have a choice between effects boards or pedal board I was just wondering which is better (and cheapest),
the effects board or pedal boards nothing massive or anything.

Also if anyone have any suggestions of particular models to look for mainly would be a massive help.

Thanks.

[quote name='4StringFortress' post='983497' date='Oct 10 2010, 05:10 PM']I have never really used effects before in my playing but I wana start experimenting and iv noticed you have a choice between effects boards or pedal board I was just wondering which is better (and cheapest),
the effects board or pedal boards nothing massive or anything.

Also if anyone have any suggestions of particular models to look for mainly would be a massive help.

Thanks.[/quote]
i'm presuming you're talking about multi-fx as opposed to individual pedals..?

start with a cheapo multi-fx (digitech/zoom etc..). learn what effects you like and can be part of your sound.

then buy stompboxes and 'tweak' them to suit. you'll buy loads and have a great time trying them out.

eventually you'll probably get fed up with the infinite possibilities..

..and end up with a high end multi-fx. :lol:

i recommend having a good read of the 'post your pedal-board' thread.

..you're embarking on a big journey, or maybe opening a can of worms.. :)

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='983522' date='Oct 10 2010, 05:29 PM']i'm presuming you're talking about multi-fx as opposed to individual pedals..?

start with a cheapo multi-fx (digitech/zoom etc..). learn what effects you like and can be part of your sound.

then buy stompboxes and 'tweak' them to suit. you'll buy loads and have a great time trying them out.

eventually you'll probably get fed up with the infinite possibilities..

..and end up with a high end multi-fx. :lol:

i recommend having a good read of the 'post your pedal-board' thread.

..you're embarking on a big journey, or maybe opening a can of worms.. :)[/quote]

Couldnt of put that any better lol :) so true an all good fun !!

[quote name='King Tut' post='983605' date='Oct 10 2010, 06:28 PM']Yeah Zoom are good. I think there's a Korg AX3000B going cheap on here - a very good cheap intro to Multi FX[/quote]

+1 on the Korg, I used one for years, live and in the studio. Great unit, so many versatile sounds. Works well with individual stomp boxes too if you feel the need to expand.