Why become a member? ×

G&L L-1505 5 String

MrBass123

Hi folks! Hope everyone has recovered after what was hopefully a messy bout of New Years celebrations! (my head still hurts!)

Hapy New Year!

I know I'm a newbie and maybe it is too soon to try and sell a bass but I've tried EBAY (twice), retailers have offered me ridiculously low amounts and I have wasted my time with several so-called "intersted buyers" through personal contacts.

I am selling my G&L L-1505 5 String Bass. It has a black body, maple neck and all chrome hardware. It is truly a wonderful bass and I am only selling it due to re-location to the US and I don't wanna lug all my gear over with me.

It plays brilliantly and has a lovely action.

I'm looking £700 for it.

[attachment=4454:Bass_pics_020.jpg] [attachment=4455:Bass_pics_014.jpg] [attachment=4456:Bass_pics_018.jpg] [attachment=4457:Bass_pics_017.jpg] [attachment=4458:Bass_pics_021.jpg] [attachment=4459:Bass_pics_023.jpg] [attachment=4460:Bass_pics_025.jpg] [attachment=4461:Bass_pics_026.jpg]

Any questions please just ask! :)

Edited by MrBass123

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='112062' date='Jan 2 2008, 12:12 AM']Hi, have you got any sound clips at all?[/quote]

Hi there.

Sadly I don't have any sound clips. I searched some sites for a sample and came up with nothing.

You could here it recorded if you wanted to listen to my old bands material. Not sure how helpful this would be.

www.myspace.com/exitonline

Sorry for any hassle! :)

Excellent bass which I would have bought back in August when you advertised it locally on FF. My last post on FF told you I had PMed you.

After a couple more PMs I gave up and I've since bought another 5 string to add to my other 2 - like I really needed another bass.

This should sell easily on here so good luck with the sale. Just sorry I can't buy it.

Frank

[quote name='machinehead' post='112246' date='Jan 2 2008, 12:59 PM']Excellent bass which I would have bought back in August when you advertised it locally on FF. My last post on FF told you I had PMed you.

After a couple more PMs I gave up and I've since bought another 5 string to add to my other 2 - like I really needed another bass.

This should sell easily on here so good luck with the sale. Just sorry I can't buy it.

Frank[/quote]

Thanks man. I actually remember posting it on FF. I watched the post for a while but then was in the states for three months and must have missed your PMs.
I wasn't being rude just so you know. lol I would have loved to have sold it to you, cause then my overdraft wouldn't be as bad as it is now! lol

Thanks for the support man. Take care.

[quote name='MrBass123' post='112599' date='Jan 2 2008, 10:02 PM']Thanks man. I actually remember posting it on FF. I watched the post for a while but then was in the states for three months and must have missed your PMs.
I wasn't being rude just so you know. lol I would have loved to have sold it to you, cause then my overdraft wouldn't be as bad as it is now! lol

Thanks for the support man. Take care.[/quote]

Cheers man. Didn't take offense but did think it strange that an expression of interest got no response.

Mind you, I had a bit of that kind of thing on FF. I think people just forget they posted or something.

In case you're interested, I bought a 1998 Fender American Deluxe 5 in 3TSB. Needing a bit of TLC but a gorgeous instrument. Bought it because I wanted a jazz 5 but with 5 in a line tuners.

Again, very good luck with the sale of your G&L. Try this Fender site, it's a Fender by another name after all. [url="http://www.fenderforum.com/"]http://www.fenderforum.com/[/url]

Frank

I strung a GL1500 (its four string brother) with pyramid flats the other day and WoW! all the richness, tone and depth you would want.

These are fabulous basses, and I suspect, due to its more central positioning, the single pickup is not a drawback, but actually provides some tonal advantages over its 2 pickup brothers .

Good luck with the sale !

PS Whats FF to the uninitiated ?? :)

Edited by loweringthetone

[quote name='loweringthetone' post='112854' date='Jan 3 2008, 01:10 PM']I strung a GL1500 (its four string brother) with pyramid flats the other day and WoW! all the richness, tone and depth you would want.

These are fabulous basses, and I suspect, due to its more central positioning, the single pickup is not a drawback, but actually provides some tonal advantages over its 2 pickup brothers .

Good luck with the sale !

PS Whats FF to the uninitiated ?? :)[/quote]

FF means FastFude. It's a music forum here in Northern Ireland if you wanna check it out. www.fastfude.com

And i totally agree with you about the pick-up positioning. I find it allows greater movement across the strings than having two big double humbuckers.
Also the sound is a bit more refined and controllable.

:huh:

Edited by MrBass123

[quote name='machinehead' post='112663' date='Jan 2 2008, 11:29 PM']Cheers man. Didn't take offense but did think it strange that an expression of interest got no response.

Mind you, I had a bit of that kind of thing on FF. I think people just forget they posted or something.

In case you're interested, I bought a 1998 Fender American Deluxe 5 in 3TSB. Needing a bit of TLC but a gorgeous instrument. Bought it because I wanted a jazz 5 but with 5 in a line tuners.

Again, very good luck with the sale of your G&L. Try this Fender site, it's a Fender by another name after all. [url="http://www.fenderforum.com/"]http://www.fenderforum.com/[/url]

Frank[/quote]

Thanks for the site mate. I shall go forth and check it out now!

Cheers

[quote name='MrBass123' post='115014' date='Jan 6 2008, 09:41 PM']Come on folks! This is a great instrument. Here comes another bump. Bump! :)[/quote]

I own an identicle one,( save for its a gunoil finish neck ) bump for a sweet bass.