Why become a member? ×

Level 42 at The Sage Gateshead tonight...

BassTool

Leaving the house in 15 mins to meet my mates for a curry and beers, then on to the magnificent Sage to see Level 42. Fortunate to get seats very close to the front, long time since I last saw Mark King - Billingham Forum ages ago - looking forward to it.

Anyone going? :)

Edited by BassTool

[quote name='BassTool' post='979616' date='Oct 6 2010, 05:03 PM']Leaving the house in 15 mins to meet my mates for a curry and beers, then on to the magnificent Sage to see Level 42. Fortunate to get seats very close to the front, long time since I last saw Mark King - Billingham Forum ages ago - looking forward to it.

Anyone going? :lol:[/quote]
I'm already here! :)
Should be a good one tonight, a lot of tickets have been sold, it's a great, venue. Nice 'n big so it should look (& sound) good too.

[quote name='bluesparky' post='979627' date='Oct 6 2010, 04:11 PM']I'm already here! :)
Should be a good one tonight, a lot of tickets have been sold, it's a great, venue. Nice 'n big so it should look (& sound) good too.[/quote]
I saw them last night in Glasgow, listen for the "new " lyrics to " The Chinese Way "
enjoy

Well, got to say we - and a full house at the beautiful Sage - had a great night, band were superb particularly the new young drummer - megga and super tight playing to click (barring the last few songs where his cans came off and they really let rip) and the rest of the band were bang on. Jumping with a crowd that appeared to stun the band with the reception they got throughout the night, and a nice touch taking the time to shake hands with everyone they could down the front when they came on, and then again at the end for a good five minutes - 30 years in the business and still savvy enough to remember who put them there in their heyday and beyond, easy enough to do, but a trick missed by many :lol:

Mind you - the alternative thread on here is proving almost as entertaining :) :) :) :D

Perhaps Mark King will be sitting in his big house counting his cash, surrounded by all his top guitars and gear wondering how he can appease all the hatred for him, his playing style, and his awful tone according to some Basschat members...

:lol:

....or maybe not :(

I'm going to see them at the end of the month over here in Belgium...
Looking forward to see them live again ...I think I've seen them around fifteen times and hardly been disappointed.
King changed the history of bass when he showed up in the eighties.
He has his manierisms but then again : the most of us lack a personal style because it is one of the hardest things to achieve...I am wondering how many bassplayers you would recognize around here based on their sound if you were blindfolded.