Why become a member? ×

Anyone selling a set of Presto Nylonwound or Silver Slaps?

Clarky

The strings on my newly acquired Aria SWB* are very taut, much more so than the Thomastik Superflexibles on my DB. Would like to give some low tension Silver Slaps a go. Failing that a set of Innovation Honeys?

So has anyone got a spare/used set they want to sell? Cheers Clarky

* I have the piezo-only version

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='979168' date='Oct 6 2010, 10:20 AM']Thanks for that. I don't know much about Presto strings. Will drop slobluesine a PM. Cheers![/quote]

Yeah Prestos are very similar to SilverSlaps. Good strings.
I can't remember what guage that set for sale is .. i think he bought light rather than ultralight, so they're not the lowet tension.

But a good transition from steel.

Just put the Presto strings on my Aria EUB. What a difference. From being (in my hands at least - not those of the manly Beedster :) ) virtually unplayable with transatlantic cables, its now very slick and easy. Sounds good through the MB combo too and a pretty good approximation of a DB. Now considering whether I should swap over the Thomastiks on my DB to these or similar gut-alikes (Silver Slaps/Honeys) ....

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='982449' date='Oct 9 2010, 12:23 PM']Just put the Presto strings on my Aria EUB. What a difference. From being (in my hands at least - not those of the manly Beedster :) ) virtually unplayable with transatlantic cables, its now very slick and easy. Sounds good through the MB combo too and a pretty good approximation of a DB. Now considering whether I should swap over the Thomastiks on my DB to these or similar gut-alikes (Silver Slaps/Honeys) ....[/quote]

Lower tension strings make the Aria for me.

If this was a Facebook post I'd give it a thumbs up "Like", but as it is I'll just do this