Why become a member? ×

done some research what next?

jonunders

hi,
having done some research including checking out this site i have found positive reviews in genz benz shuttle 9.0,
ebs hd350 and a number of mark bass amps. any advise on narrowing down my search.
also if i buy a decent amp i can afford one cab, 4x10, 2x12 1x15 or the mb ny408. i will be in a position to add at
a later date but what would be good to start with.
this will be my first purchase and i want it to last me a long time. i play blues/rock music with a g&l 2500. upped
my budget to £15-1800.
any advise or other suggestions would be welcome
thanks
jon

[quote name='jonunders' post='978691' date='Oct 5 2010, 07:30 PM']hi,
having done some research including checking out this site i have found positive reviews in genz benz shuttle 9.0,
ebs hd350 and a number of mark bass amps. any advise on narrowing down my search.
also if i buy a decent amp i can afford one cab, 4x10, 2x12 1x15 or the mb ny408. i will be in a position to add at
a later date but what would be good to start with.
this will be my first purchase and i want it to last me a long time. i play blues/rock music with a g&l 2500. upped
my budget to £15-1800.
any advise or other suggestions would be welcome
thanks
jon[/quote]
maybe try one of these perhaps (for a stand-alone)..

[url="http://barefacedbass.com/index.php?page=big-one"]http://barefacedbass.com/index.php?page=big-one[/url]

A suggestion would be to get one of the Markbass/TC amps in the BC sale forum and a BFB Compact. You can add another BFB cab later, if you really want to knock down walls.

The other idea would still start with the MB/TC amp but have a look at the new Bergantino AE212.

Either idea would cost you less than the lower figure in you budget.

For me, I'd be looking at the GB 9 or the EBS650.. Ballpark spending £700 SH here if poss.
Check what output they run at 4ohms..

After that, I'd look at the 2x12 cabs option and look at GB or EBS range for that..or AG BD212 or would check out that
Berg AE212.
If you wanted to be a little more compact, then the same makers in 1x12 versions.
For that, I would be expecting TONE CITY and would expect that rig to cover all but the biggest stages, by which time an extra cab would be mostly cosmetic as the mon mix would cover the rest.

If you have a 500 plus watt amp and a decent 2x12 at 4 ohms... there is no way you should need another cab..IMO.

Edited by JTUK