Why become a member? ×

If John Wetton was in Genesis?

Stingray5

[quote name='Conan' post='978363' date='Oct 5 2010, 02:13 PM']Totally agree! You can hardly tell that it's the same track! Horrible self-indulgent semi-soloing from Wetton that ruins the delicate ambience of one of my favourite Genesis tracks. Yuck! I was expecting him to start slapping! :)

I don't like it. :lol:[/quote]

+1. Spot on about ruining the ambience. Nice bass playing, but wrong song to do it in.

I liked "...and then there were three" too, great song writing, but was very disappointed by Duke and its successors.

[quote name='Vibrating G String' post='980368' date='Oct 7 2010, 11:35 AM']I had a few minutes of interaction with him back in '83 or '84. Nothing about music. As he walked away I said "hey, I love Brand X". He rolled his eyes and sneered and crushed my little heart!!![/quote]

I've heard quite a few comments about how [i]nice[/i] Phil Collins is! I wonder if, when you spoke to him in '83 or '84, he was promoting his own work, so took your comments on Brand X as a criticism of his solo stuff. I know from plenty of interviews that he loved Brand X.

[quote name='toneknob' post='979201' date='Oct 6 2010, 10:53 AM']Absolutely - brilliant, world class drummer. Very good singer late 70s/early-mid 80s Genesis, but his songwriting mostly schmaltzy. His current Motown project - embarassing.[/quote]

Totally agree with this.

[quote name='mart' post='980559' date='Oct 7 2010, 06:20 AM']I've heard quite a few comments about how [i]nice[/i] Phil Collins is! I wonder if, when you spoke to him in '83 or '84, he was promoting his own work, so took your comments on Brand X as a criticism of his solo stuff. I know from plenty of interviews that he loved Brand X.[/quote]
It could have also been him thinking about the record company and how they ripped them off for all those albums. I might have touched a sore spot. I can give him the benefit of the doubt but it was crushing :lol: No hard feelings though, I'd still play with him if he called :)