Why become a member? ×

Vintage Modified Precision Bass with mods. SOLD PENDING

jonsparrow91

Exactly what it says on the tin. A VM Precision bass with a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder, an aftermarket Red Tort pickguard, a black Gotoh 201 brridge, a slightly more *ahem* "heavy duty" nut on the output jack (I lost the original) and its also currently bypassing the tone control like on the Mark Hoppus bass (the equivalent of pushing the tone to 11) but if you aren't into that it's a five minute fix I can do before sending it off. Aside from the mods, the best thing about this bass is the neck. Its currently strung with 50-110 Rotos but I managed to go straight from C standard to E standard without the neck bowing or the intonation changing. That and the satin laquer, as with most Squiers, is a dream to play on.

I would like £200 + pp by paypal or, preferably, bank transfer. Shipped in a gig bag and box.

Edited by spaz91

"Prime-time" bump.

I'll get pics up tomorrow, I need to find a computer that will accept my phone or webcam so I can upload.

Just to elaborate on the kind of thing I'd like:

Squier Deluxe Jazz (V or otherwise)
Warwick Rockbasses (maybe the old cheap standards too.)
Ibanezes, all shapes and sizes except the GSRs.
MAYBE Yamahas.
You get the picture, modernish stuff, possibly active. Wouldn't say no to a 5, 6 or 7 string. Maybe an 8 :)
I say modern but I wouldn't mind a CV jazz.

As for a price I'm not sure. I traded a bass worth £350 for this +£100 but, taking a few dings into account and the thing with the jack, I think £240 +pp is a reasonable enough price. Especially as there is around £100 of mods there.