Why become a member? ×

Rack rig for sale now with FREE Peavey 2x10!.

plankspanker

I wish to sell my rack consisting of; 1) Ashdown EVO II RPM1 preamp, British built and 2U. 2) Peavey CS800S 2x600W (at 2 ohms) power amp, USA built and 2U. 3) SKB 6U rackmount case. All in excellent working order and of course there is 2U of space currently empty if you want to add a tuner and/or effects unit etc. Cables included. Original Owners Manuals are included but also easily available on the internet so read up on these lovely bits of gear. The condition of them all is excellent although I've never seemed to get much response from the sub-harmonic thingy but the overall range and power of the RPM1 is staggering anyway so I've never really bothered with it. This gear has been gigged but not very often and has always been carefully looked after. Each item only had one equally careful owner before me - and the power amp was only used for monitoring in a (large) home studio. Please note the power amp is the second generation of the range - still a bit weighty but much lighter than the original CS800 which I think was 4U and weighed a ton. Looking for a quick sale so would let the complete rack go for £400 and would prefer not to split if possible. I also have a Peavey 2x10 175W cabinet with excellent sound and in good condition except I've removed the horn as it was knackered - this had been going separately but I'll include it with the rack now. You will of course need your own cabs as well! I travel the country quite a bit so may be able to deliver or at least meet up somewhere otherwise I could courier the rack (it will be very securely packed) but probably not worth it for the cab. I'm at NP23 5BQ (south-east Wales) if anyone fancies collecting - welcome to try out if you visit. Reason for sale is that the band broke up six months ago and there seems like no prospect of getting into another for an old timer like me. May be interested in a partial swap for a decent combo but nothing bigger than a 1x15 please or my back will never forgive me. I'm not brilliant with photo attachments etc but if you'd like some pics PM me and I'll see what I can do. Cash on delivery preferred or Paypal at a push. Will add some more pictures of the rack later today.

Edited by plankspanker

[quote name='plankspanker' post='978719' date='Oct 5 2010, 07:54 PM']Typical innit? Offer some nice rack gear for sale and all they're interested in is the rack bag! Later on tonight i'll pot a couple of pics so you know what this stuff looks like. Has anybody got a really decent, not too heavy, combo that they might swap?[/quote]

To be fair, you do have more pics up of the bag than the rack :)

Anyway, have a bump on me.

Bumpsadaisy. Really nice rig wants to go to someone who'll give it a more exciting life than it currently enjoys in the spare bedroom. Still ready to trade for a nice, lightweight combo or sell for £400 shipped but the cab is heavy so shipping that would have to cost extra.