Why become a member? ×

Hello BassChat,

JamieHoward94

Hello,

I have just made my BassChat account, which means I am new to this whole BassChat talk/forum so be nice please :).

My name is Jamie, im 16 years of age, I have been playing bass for about 18 - 24 months, got into music 3 years ago my best mate plays guitar and my other best mate plays drums, I used to hang with the musical people in school and I started feeling like the black sheep in the crowd so me and my 2 best mates and we all decided I should start playing bass so here I am, I am self taught.

I am currently playing a epiphone thunderbird pro through an ashdown mag evo 2 4x10, with a few pedals, I have a electro harmonix big muff pi, boss bass equaliser and a korg pitchblack chromatic tuner but will be getting more, I have also just ordered my next bass which is a gibson grabber g3 1976 original.

I am also in a band with my two best mates who got me into music, the band are called silver foxes we originally started off as a 3 piece which was drums guitar and vocals, they used to be known as poppywilson (name of the singer), they started to get more noticed around maidstone area so they decided they needed a bassist bearing in mind I was good friends with all of them, they approached me in school last year 2009 about the end of may asking me if I wanted to be a session for them for 2 of there biggest gigs so I said I would, me and the guitarist wrote some sick basslines to there music then we played about 4 - 5 gigs under poppywilson has a big argument in october then split for 5 and a half months, me and the guitarist remained best mates but, me, the guitarist fell out with the singer and drummer ( the singer and drummer are brother and sister), so we started talking again after the school had a visit from Francis Rossi ( status quo) bearing in mind it was the 2nd visit from him, he asked how the band was coming along we told him about everything, then me and the guitarist started to think about what had happened and said we should forget about it and start again, so we agreed to have another jam as a band, we started playing the old stuff again, all feeling great about it, then we started thinking we have to start again but become a proper band not poppywilson where only the singer gets all the credit, so we decided a few names open seasons, lakeside district or silver foxes, then we all obviously decided silver foxes. The singer recommended her friend who she said was amazing at piano so we said yes we need a piano/synth player, we jammed with her wrote a tune with everything, then we said yes your in the band started writing more music, now here we are played our first gig at the end of march as Silver Foxes, after 7 months we have been signed by Tin Robot Records, me and the guitarist where endorsed by rotosound but we gave it up we werent really getting much out of all of it, but at the moment I am currently writing a little paragraph for Ashdown, as I have spoke to them about a artist section on there website.

My bands first single is available on iTunes it is called 'Knock Me Down', our second single is due out october 22nd which will be at Babylon Live Lounge in maidstone.

Please check us out on www.myspace.com/silverfoxes

Thank you for reading, Please leave a comment and rating on the band any anything else that took your interest in my introduction.

Much Regards,

Jamie