Why become a member? ×

Alesis SR-16 drum machine + footswitch + PSU: £50 posted

Amazing what you find when you have a clear out. Bought from a BCer about 6 months back, used for one recording and put in the box full of musical gear I've just been emptying! Great machine and footswitch allows you far more control/creativity than is usual with these things. Manuals/PSU included included

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='972515' date='Sep 30 2010, 11:36 AM']Does the footswitch work like a trigger?

So like a faux bass drum if I was doing some crazy one man band thing :)[/quote]

I'm not sure to be honest Steve, that's way beyond me! I'm rushing about at the moment but will try and have a look at the manual tomorrow to see if that's possible

C

I bought one of these here recently (after Beedster beat me to his one I think!).

Anyway, the unit will take two footswitches. One is a start/stop switch and the other triggers fills. There are a few more functions that can be controlled via the footswitches, but they are the ones I've been using.

I downloaded a manual from somewhere, probably the Alesis website.

[quote name='Beedster' post='972533' date='Sep 30 2010, 11:55 AM']I'm not sure to be honest Steve, that's way beyond me! I'm rushing about at the moment but will try and have a look at the manual tomorrow to see if that's possible

C[/quote]

Do you wanna hold of on posting my gigbag then and I'll see if I can afford this tonight after my gig and then I can save on the postage by sending them together :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='972607' date='Sep 30 2010, 12:51 PM']Do you wanna hold of on posting my gigbag then and I'll see if I can afford this tonight after my gig and then I can save on the postage by sending them together :)[/quote]

Deal. £50 to you dude

C

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='974208' date='Oct 1 2010, 03:40 PM']Sorry for the delay mate, I'm just not going to be able to afford it so just send the bag out when you can, cheers.[/quote]

No worries mate. Still for sale folks

C

hi there beedster

i've been thinking about getting one of these or the next one sr-18; but they're a bit pricey.
what are the pre-loaded patterns and the drum sounds like?
i.e. modern patterns/sounds?
does it lay down the funk without too much naffness?
do the drum sounds sound good enough for creating demos?

ta
Bassnut

[quote name='Bassnut62' post='975926' date='Oct 3 2010, 01:10 PM']hi there beedster

i've been thinking about getting one of these or the next one sr-18; but they're a bit pricey.
what are the pre-loaded patterns and the drum sounds like?
i.e. modern patterns/sounds?
does it lay down the funk without too much naffness?
do the drum sounds sound good enough for creating demos?

ta
Bassnut[/quote]

Hiya mate

Problem with all those questions is that they require subjective answers! If I was being 100% honest I'd say it's a pile of crap and sounds like it, and you shouldn't buy it, but then I hate drum machines. Guys who know about drum machines seem to think this is one of the better ones, especially at this price. I think your best bet is to read the online reviews and make up your own mind :)

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='976438' date='Oct 3 2010, 09:30 PM']Hiya mate

Problem with all those questions is that they require subjective answers! If I was being 100% honest I'd say it's a pile of crap and sounds like it, and you shouldn't buy it, but then I hate drum machines. Guys who know about drum machines seem to think this is one of the better ones, especially at this price. I think your best bet is to read the online reviews and make up your own mind :)

C[/quote]

just after i pressed the send button, i thought to myself those are pretty dumb questions I just asked!!
thanks anyway

[quote name='Bassnut62' post='976656' date='Oct 4 2010, 06:16 AM']just after i pressed the send button, i thought to myself those are pretty dumb questions I just asked!!
thanks anyway[/quote]

LOL, if it helps I bought the SR-16 after starting this thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=90488&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=90488&hl=[/url]

C