Why become a member? ×

Pedal board configuration

pazmo82

I have just replaced my Boss GT6B for a bunch of separate pedals (am selling it BTW, £225 fully boxed, pretty much as new, collection from Reading) Could anyone tell me what order I should have them linked up in?

Boss Tuner
Boss Chorus
Boss Synth
Little Big Muff - fuzz
Bassballs - twin filter
Holy Grail - reverb
Soul Preacher - compression

I also have a loveton Meatball and a Boss Octive pedal i'm thinking about inviting to the party, cant seem to get a good live sound out of them though.

Cheers

P

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='112192' date='Jan 2 2008, 11:55 AM']I'd actually put compression first so that all pedals get a nice clean level signal.[/quote]

NEVER!!!! :huh:

Compression after effects for taming peaks, and not killing dynamics :)

[quote name='Higgie' post='112349' date='Jan 2 2008, 03:27 PM']NEVER!!!! :huh:

Compression after effects for taming peaks, and not killing dynamics :)[/quote]

You forgot to say - only in your opinion.

For example, I have tried my compressor in many different positions in my signal path and for my combination of pedals, first position gives the cleanest sound for me and also allows more of the character of my pedals to come though. There is no one single optimum place for a compressor, as with everything, it all depends an what sound you want to achieve and what pedals you have.

Try the compressor first and last and see what happens. Another common place is directly after distortion but before any modulation. Trust your ears not your eyes.