Why become a member? ×

Biggest Audience Yet!

Telebass

Tonight was the Tavy Tour Party - big entertainments bash to celebrate Tavistock being the start of a stage of the Tour of Britain Cycle Race.
Whole centre of town shut off, big stage, and as is rather common in Tavistock, rain...
Six-band line up, starting with The Adventures of... , Kitty and The Lost Boys, The Needletones, The Rock 'n' Roll Outlaws, Seth Lakeman (a quick divert from his European Tour), and Mad Dog Mcrea.
Audience had swelled to 2000+ by the time we got on, nearly an order of magnitude bigger than anything we've done so far!

Wowsers, it were a bit nerve-wracking at first, but the crowd loved it, and the 45-minute set sped by!

Phew!

:) :rolleyes:

[quote name='algmusic' post='956794' date='Sep 15 2010, 02:14 AM']I don't ever get nervous on big gigs, but I tremble at playing in front of other bassists...

I feel I can fool an audience, but not another bassists :-)[/quote]
With me it's small crowds, intimate venues that are more nerve wracking. Bigger the gig the more remote the audience so they seem less of a threat.

Congrats. sounds like it went really well.

[quote name='stewblack' post='956837' date='Sep 15 2010, 07:18 AM']With me it's small crowds, intimate venues that are more nerve wracking. Bigger the gig the more remote the audience so they seem less of a threat.[/quote]

I was the same. When I used to gig (a long time back I admit) I found that the smaller crowds got me the most nervous by far.