Why become a member? ×

8" speakers

fryer

[quote name='Chris2112' post='957806' date='Sep 15 2010, 10:35 PM']Well, I guess some players like to be heard (I do) and some are content to sit in the mix, like wallflowers swaying in the breeze![/quote]

Have you actually tried a Compact or Vintage in a band?

The certainly dont just sit in th mix, they snarl far too much for that if you want them to!

I like to be felt and heard (giggity) I used to use 2 4x10 1048h trace cabs,great sound,now use a trace 4x10 and trace 4x8,best sound I have had.Dont do 15s or 18s,too woolly and not enough definition for me,this rig really cuts through the mix brilliantly,the 4x8 really does kick the high end out and the 4x10 punches the lows.Great for a stage mix,any more bottom end normally comes from the PA. 8x10s rule for me.

[quote name='mikhay77' post='958879' date='Sep 16 2010, 10:08 PM']I like to be felt and heard (giggity) I used to use 2 4x10 1048h trace cabs,great sound,now use a trace 4x10 and trace 4x8,best sound I have had.Dont do 15s or 18s,too woolly and not enough definition for me,this rig really cuts through the mix brilliantly,the 4x8 really does kick the high end out and the 4x10 punches the lows.Great for a stage mix,any more bottom end normally comes from the PA. 8x10s rule for me.[/quote]

Horses for courses I guess, but I don't find 15's woolly, never used 18's but I'd like to. I want to be heard too, but not by compromising my sound by adding top end to cut through a mix!

[quote name='4-string-thing' post='958888' date='Sep 16 2010, 10:15 PM']Horses for courses I guess, but I don't find 15's woolly, never used 18's but I'd like to. I want to be heard too, but not by compromising my sound by adding top end to cut through a mix![/quote]

+1 i think if you'r boosting trebble just get the high end stuff through mix then i think you'r doing something wrong, low imo to cut through best, its all about low mids.

but on track, i agree with the mantra of cone size not corresponding to frequency response. My harman Kardon stereo has an 8" sub and it sounds great, can really get my desk rumbling.