Why become a member? ×

Sold, please remove

buff

To be totally honest im not sure if this is the guitar version of the bass head, but have used it no problem's with a bass. There's a lot of info on the net about these head's. It say's 400 on the front, but the inputs on the back say 300 at 2ohm's and 210 at 4ohm's ( but also states 800 watts near the voltage output) ive only used it with two 8 ohm cab's giving me 4 ohms, but have never had to run it past 4 on the volume's in any gig situation . Normally plug into the input that gives the selection of both channel's together. This amp is incredibly loud and solid, vinyl in good nick, small piece missing of the vent grill on top and corner'c could do with a coat of paint. £70 plus postage

Edited by buff

[quote name='buff' post='952771' date='Sep 11 2010, 02:53 PM']To be totally honest im not sure if this is the guitar version of the bass head, but have used it no problem's with a bass. There's a lot of info on the net about these head's. It say's 400 on the front, but the inputs on the back say 300 at 2ohm's and 210 at 4ohm's ( but also states 800 watts near the voltage output) ive only used it with two 8 ohm cab's giving me 4 ohms, but have never had to run it past 4 on the volume's in any gig situation . Normally plug into the input that gives the selection of both channel's together. This amp is incredibly loud and solid, vinyl in good nick, small piece missing of the vent grill on top and corner'c could do with a coat of paint. £70 plus postage[/quote]

The 400 on the front is the name of the series of amps, the 800W near the power cord is actual power consumption of the amplifier (not the power available to the speakers), and I've run mine (the bass version) at 2 ohm with very few problems, nothing a well placed fan couldn't handle. I nearly took the paint off the walls of the small place we were playing...

I can only repeat how loud and solid these things are. A safe and dependable amp, if a little heavy for modern standards.

The bass head has two channels with similar controls (one 's got a parametric mid knob and a compressor, the other doesn't), the musician has two channels with substantially different controls (one's even got a phasor!).

Manual [url="http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/MKIIIMusician.pdf"]here[/url]