Why become a member? ×

Joe Bonamassa Mountain Time

neilb

Ok, Im JB pi**ed at the moment, hence my other thread, but this has stunned me.

The DVD is a must buy for any blues/rock fan.

Its long but patience pays off, the ending is sublime.

If your into Slipknot or anything heavier, please hit your BACK button now!!!! LOL

Edited by neilb

[quote name='Mykesbass' post='951077' date='Sep 9 2010, 08:50 PM']As per your other posts - Mods, please delete :)

Sorry Neil, but this guy sums up to me all that is bad about overblown blues/rock - he even makes Gary Moore sound subtle!![/quote]

Thats a bit offensive to me to be honest...... I have been speaking with Joe recently as he uses some product that I'm responsible for here in the UK and he's a real decent guy. If you don't like his style then thats fine but you shouldn't really knock someone thats making some headlines in the field that he is in.....

Edited by crez5150

Don't get me started on Peter Hook!

Enjoyed the clip, though. I don't know any of his stuff, but I do own a Joe Bonamassa signature Gramma Pad!

Looked like the bass player was improvising at one point - how dare he. I don't think he was using an Ampeg either!

One thing puzzles me - why does he need two drummers? Money to burn obviously.

[quote name='Mykesbass' post='951077' date='Sep 9 2010, 08:50 PM']As per your other posts - Mods, please delete :)

Sorry Neil, but this guy sums up to me all that is bad about overblown blues/rock - he even makes Gary Moore sound subtle!![/quote]

+1. Good player obviously but a bit cheesy and to my ears nothing new really.

It's easy to spot his influences, and I like the way he so effortlessly blends these influences together. His current drummer is excellent but I must say I prefer his old bass player, Eric Czar. I've been to a couple of his gigs and am really looking forward to the next one!