Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB1000

iconic

:) :rolleyes: :lol: Sold my Aria for a BB1200 which is no longer arriving.... but that's another another story.....

Have seen a Yamaha BB1000 for sale, this is the original split reverse P pup model, not the BB1000S with the J rear.....anyone know anything about them, are they fat Fender necks, or thinner as Yamaha nornally are, I think it's a late '70s one early 80's.... what would a nice one be worth, more a curio' I suppose?

I know they are a bolt on as opposed to the thru neck BB1200....that's about it :o but this BB1000 has my attention at the moment.

any thoughts welcome gentlemen...it would be the one on the left :o

I have a BB800 from the same period (79 - 82) which is essentially the same bass with round position markers and a solid finish. I bought mine second hand in 1981 and it'll be the bass I keep when all the others have gone.

The neck is slimmer than a P-neck and much less chunky, but not as slim as a Jazz. Let me know where you would like it measured and I'll get the vernier caliper out!

These tend to go for about 10 - 20 % of the price of a Fender Precision of the same year, which is ridiculous given the quality of Japanese made Yamaha instruments. I'd say go for it, you won't regret it.

I had the BB1100S, with the J pickup, and with active/passive. Neck as already said, not J-slim, not P-fat, somewhere between. I was in an incredibly fast punk band back then, and had no problems on the 1100. Was very good quality too, these were the days before I either thought of, or could afford a backup. I must have done hundreds of gigs on that bass, and I never had even the slightest problem with it.

[quote name='pete.young' post='952460' date='Sep 11 2010, 08:42 AM']Like buses these things - nothing for ages and then two come along at once!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-Bass-Guitar-BB1000-/110582876909?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19bf40caed"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-Bass-Guitar-B...=item19bf40caed[/url][/quote]

Have another look at the listing...'Never been to a gig' :)

Poor thing, someone should take it and show the bass what it's been missing.

Nice bass, would quite fancy one myself.

StevieC