Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A/B foot switches

lojo

Prompted by another thread, Im wondering who uses what A/B selector pedal

I might get one, to save me pulling leads, but I just want a simple switch, that wont degrade the passive signal, but does not have to reply on a PP9, which the leading brands seem to require

I know its powered , but I am quite impressed with my boss Ls2 pedal purely because it has many uses , plus I find the being able to adjust the volume levels independently is really handy for if one effect sucks too much out of the signal.

Other than that I use a unpowered LOOP pedal , which maybe what your after , which I use to quite literaly take out the effect board altogether ,and give me back my clean untouched bass tone .

Again the LS2 is handy with balancing the effect board level to the cleaned bass looped level if that makes sense.

[quote name='lojo' post='950746' date='Sep 9 2010, 03:51 PM']Prompted by another thread, Im wondering who uses what A/B selector pedal

I might get one, to save me pulling leads, but I just want a simple switch, that wont degrade the passive signal, but does not have to reply on a PP9, which the leading brands seem to require[/quote]
I have a Banzai, which does take a PP9 or a pedal board power feed, but only uses it to light the LEDs and functions perfectly well without any power. Doesn't take up much space either, top quality bit of kit.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='lojo' post='950746' date='Sep 9 2010, 04:51 PM']Prompted by another thread, Im wondering who uses what A/B selector pedal

I might get one, to save me pulling leads, but I just want a simple switch, that wont degrade the passive signal, but does not have to reply on a PP9, which the leading brands seem to require[/quote]

If you're handy with a soldering iron, get a dirt cheap on/off footswitch like this:

[attachment=61279:switch1.jpg]
[attachment=61280:switch2.jpeg]

As you can see, there's a double pole switch inside - one pole is only used to turn the LED on and off. As you don't want any battery power, you won't have any LED indicator anyway, so you can use the second pole in the signal path. Drill holes for two more jack sockets, do some simple rewiring and bingo!

Edited by dincz