Why become a member? ×

FS/ Fender Custom Shop 64 Jazz Bass Relic Limited Edition

wolldav

Hi All,

i am selling my Custom Shop 64 Jazz Bass Relic Limited Edition.... Bass is selling at the price of £2100 o.n.o... any offers just send me a pm

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/23138497@N02/sets/72157624565550809/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/23138497@N02/...57624565550809/[/url]

thanks

Edited by wolldav

[quote name='Clarky' post='950486' date='Sep 9 2010, 12:20 PM']Lots of interest if its priced at £200! may as well say it before someone else does, but you have to list a price under the rules blah blah[/quote]

thanks Clarky. i've edited the post..

looks nice, how did you appraise it? I see them on ebay (in the US) not selling at US $2500. It's a terrible market now with the recession though; I just sold a Lakland Skyline DJ5 with Nordstrand pickups for a "whopping" $900... (just over half what I put into it)

[quote name='carlc64' post='950564' date='Sep 9 2010, 01:19 PM']looks nice, how did you appraise it? I see them on ebay (in the US) not selling at US $2500. It's a terrible market now with the recession though; I just sold a Lakland Skyline DJ5 with Nordstrand pickups for a "whopping" $900... (just over half what I put into it)[/quote]

Brand new there £2472 and thats the black one, its more for the sunburst, and they don't come with the Custom Shop Case.... You may not have been looking at the same one that i have... If you have send me the link so i can see. There was only 10 of these made in sundburst relic. Also my C.O.A says Limited Edition and i have the Custom Shop Limited Edition case. I'm sure the one you seen on ebay in the States have non of the above. :)

A normal Fender Custom Shop 1964 Jazz Bass Relic fetches around £1900 used.

I really can't speak of your Lakland and the value of it because i don't own one, further more i wouldnt speak on it at all especially to put salt on your sale. :rolleyes:

thanks for looking.

dw

oh I don't mind, it was a nice bass (my Lakland DJ5), and I didn't really need the money, but with this overseas move it was just going to gather dust. It's just a crappy market I guess (look at all the stuff on talkbass that is really nice but doesn't seem to be moving). good luck on your sale.

[quote name='carlc64' post='950564' date='Sep 9 2010, 01:19 PM']looks nice, how did you appraise it? I see them on ebay (in the US) not selling at US $2500. It's a terrible market now with the recession though; I just sold a Lakland Skyline DJ5 with Nordstrand pickups for a "whopping" $900... (just over half what I put into it)[/quote]

Think the recession‘s bad now :) .

You ain’t seen nothin’ yet – I dread to think how it’s going to pan out over the next couple of years. I’ve gotta stop reading the Daily Mail :lol: .

Good luck with the sale, I just wish I could manage one of these 34” beauties.

Oggy :rolleyes: (AKA – Eternal Optamist)

[quote name='Oggy' post='950616' date='Sep 9 2010, 01:58 PM']Think the recession‘s bad now :) .

You ain’t seen nothin’ yet – I dread to think how it’s going to pan out over the next couple of years. I’ve gotta stop reading the Daily Mail :lol: .

Good luck with the sale, I just wish I could manage one of these 34” beauties.

Oggy :rolleyes: (AKA – Eternal Optamist)[/quote]

Thanks...lol... yes stop reading the daily post...

[quote name='Chris Horton' post='951030' date='Sep 9 2010, 08:20 PM']What is the neck profile on this bass ?[/quote]

Hi Chris

the neck profile is a "C"- shaped maple neck with a 7.25" radius round-laminate rosewood fingerboard and 20 vintage-style frets, 2 vintage style bass single coil pick-ups, american vintage jazz bass bridge, vintage style reverse turners, and a select alder body..

I gave more info just incase others are curious...

dw
thanks