Why become a member? ×

Fodera 2010 price list

CHRISDABASS

[quote name='Gwilym' post='949993' date='Sep 8 2010, 10:08 PM']Sounds to me like they are trying to deter people from asking for extras that are time consuming to make and distract them from building basses.
Also, they have staff to pay a living wage in an expensive city, and probably expensive rent to pay in a prime Brooklyn location.
This is the real world, not some far east sweat-shop.[/quote]

I spose Fender also have to pay their own staff a similar wage, but even their American prices look cheap compared to this. But if there are people stupid enough to pay it, then im glad someone is relieving them of their money. Just wish it was me.

[quote name='maxrossell' post='969139' date='Sep 27 2010, 09:15 AM']Well that really depends. I don't earn a lot of money, so the answer changes in function of how much I have left over after I've paid for rent, food and bills. Usually I'm lucky if it's more than fifty quid a month. Optimistically, if I never bought anything else, it would take me about four years to afford your wife's bag.

I mean, in theory I suppose if I made a hundred grand a year I would have tonnes of money left over after paying rent and bills and buying food. I'm not sure I would think a two and a half grand bag was a better deal merely by virtue of it being a smaller percentage of my spending money, though.[/quote]

If your flannel/bullshit is as good as your bass playing...........

you are in line to be the next victor wooten!!!

As a builder I think that at the end of the day it is entirely up to the company what they charge...It may be out of the reach of a lot of us but a lot of people do buy them otherwise they wouldn't be at that price range.

...but I have seen a couple of bad examples of foderas though they played and sounded excellent the build quality was, lets say flawed. It is onyl a detail thing though and has no affect on the instrument as an instrument but when you pay that money you would expect perfection on every level.