Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD Catalinbread SFT

gnasher1993

[b]SOLD[/b]

[s]Looking to sell my Catalinbread SFT. It's a great overdrive but surplus to needs.

It's in good condition with the original box. It has velcro on the bottom.

I'd like to get £100 posted within the UK. Cash only, no trades at this time.

PM me if you have any questions.

Cheers,

AJ[/s]

Edited by gnasher1993

[quote name='Bassnut62' post='949652' date='Sep 8 2010, 05:29 PM']and another free Bump
this bump is for running this pedal at 18v
I just got round to doing this on my SFT and it makes this pedal even better than i expected.[/quote]

Hmmm sorry to hijack but is that something you could do with any pedal, for example the T-Rex Bass Juice (which sounds very similar to the SFT)?
What exactly are the improvements?

[quote name='1976fenderhead' post='949764' date='Sep 8 2010, 07:06 PM']sorry to hijack[/quote]

Don't be sorry, feel free to bump my thread as often as you feel the need :)

Thanks all! Everyone should own a Catalinbread overdrive... this is a good place to start :rolleyes:

Bump!

OK here's another Bump!

In reply to fenderhead.....

I don't know about comparison with the TRex, but yes I guess there are a lot of Drive/Boost pedals anyone could use to drive a valve head.
I've tried quite a few OD pedals, but not the Trex. What I found was that the SFT is very amp-like and seems to work well for me. I like that vintage amp vibe. Also I found the SFT worked better than any others at low gain hair settings. The tone paramaters are very well set up and tweakable too, with a bunch of nice sounds with both treble and bass tone pots set quite low. Just my opinion, but I think the Catalinbread pedals are especially well tought out and put together. The 18v option is a good extra as not all drives have that kind of headroom. The SFT seemed to respond to picking dynamics better than most for me too.

Good luck with the sale - someone will get a very nice pedal IMO and at a very fair price.

[quote name='Bassnut62' post='949982' date='Sep 8 2010, 10:00 PM']OK here's another Bump!

In reply to fenderhead.....

I don't know about comparison with the TRex, but yes I guess there are a lot of Drive/Boost pedals anyone could use to drive a valve head.
I've tried quite a few OD pedals, but not the Trex. What I found was that the SFT is very amp-like and seems to work well for me. I like that vintage amp vibe. Also I found the SFT worked better than any others at low gain hair settings. The tone paramaters are very well set up and tweakable too, with a bunch of nice sounds with both treble and bass tone pots set quite low. Just my opinion, but I think the Catalinbread pedals are especially well tought out and put together. The 18v option is a good extra as not all drives have that kind of headroom. The SFT seemed to respond to picking dynamics better than most for me too.

Good luck with the sale - someone will get a very nice pedal IMO and at a very fair price.[/quote]

Another free bump ;-)

So you mean the SFT already comes with a stated option to use 18v instead of 9v? I thought you just tried 18v coz you felt like it and it sounded better...

I AB'd the SFT and my T-Rex at Vintage and Rare for quite a while and I could replicate EVERY. SINGLE. TONE. from each pedal with the other to the point I couldn't tell the difference. I was surprised at how equal both pedals sound. Even maximum distortion on one sounds the same as maximum on the other. meaning amount of gain available seemed EXACTLY the same. Yet one is super hyped and the other is super under appreciated, victim of terrible videos on YouTube. I kept the T-Rex because it has 2 channels but I agree the tone options on the SFT are better. The T-Rex has a mix knob though, so I suppose that evens things out ;-) And the SFT reacted VERY SLIGHTLY better to picking dynamics, but had to test for quite a while to be sure.

Edited by 1976fenderhead

[quote name='1976fenderhead' post='950056' date='Sep 8 2010, 11:01 PM']So you mean the SFT already comes with a stated option to use 18v instead of 9v? I thought you just tried 18v coz you felt like it and it sounded better...[/quote]

Yes the SFT is designed to run on anything from 9v to 18v thru the same standard Boss power input and it sounds really good at 18v - bigger somehow.

Edited by Bassnut62