Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

rogerds

[quote name='Baskesman' post='965518' date='Sep 23 2010, 12:52 PM']Blast! why don't I live in the UK... Never see deals like this over 'ere!
Free Bump for ya![/quote]

appreciate it Baskesman!! -- but could probably courier it to Belgium for 30ukp ...or so... !!

WHAT!!!! This amp hasn't sold already?!!!
Are you all mad?
this is the best bass sound money can buy and Rogerds is mugging himself for you.
You don't even have to hit him over the head to take his fine fine amp!

Have another free bump on me, Rog!

[quote name='Bassnut62' post='966133' date='Sep 23 2010, 09:25 PM']WHAT!!!! This amp hasn't sold already?!!!
Are you all mad?
this is the best bass sound money can buy and Rogerds is mugging himself for you.
You don't even have to hit him over the head to take his fine fine amp!

Have another free bump on me, Rog![/quote]

appreciated '62 - i thought i'd priced it to go the first day! now i may *have* to let it go to the dark side and see if there's any interest in the (ahem!) guitar forum... or just let it slide down the list for a couple of months then see if anyone wants a christmas prezzie!
looks like you have the bassman 15 cab? - now the two together look and sound great - there's one (cab) going locally.... hmmm... am i tempted?? of course not!!!
roger

[quote name='Matty' post='967222' date='Sep 24 2010, 10:48 PM']Still not interested in my P-Bass?[/quote]

hello matty... be a fool not be..... but do i really need another p-bass when i have a '62, a gorgeous japanese Tokai hard puncher, a heavily modded squier, and an SQ precision ! course i'm interested! but...
just trying to finalise a sale to a chap in belgium and hoping it goes through ok - it'll give me some cash!
cheers again

roger

[quote name='rogerds' post='966474' date='Sep 24 2010, 10:27 AM']appreciated '62 - i thought i'd priced it to go the first day! now i may *have* to let it go to the dark side and see if there's any interest in the (ahem!) guitar forum... or just let it slide down the list for a couple of months then see if anyone wants a christmas prezzie!
looks like you have the bassman 15 cab? - now the two together look and sound great - there's one (cab) going locally.... hmmm... am i tempted?? of course not!!!
roger[/quote]

Hey, it is dark over there with guitards; but i bet they would appreciate it. I know that alot of well-respected middle-of-the-mix-dwellers rate these amps very highly for their night-time activities. I bet you'd sell it quick there; but i hope your deal with our Belgian cousin goes thru to rock the bottom of the low countries.

actually that cab in my pic is an ancient MusicMan cab with a serious bit of porting.
I refaced it to match the head.
this is my small rig tho.
i do have the deep and vertically-loaded matching Bassman 2x15 cab at my rehearsal space.
It sounds equally good but different thru each.

anyway, I can't imagine parting with the sound my Bassman gives me; so I'm dying to know what is replacing your Bassman in your sound?

I don't mean to derail your thread here, so do PM me if you like.
have another bump while we're at it!!

[quote name='rogerds' post='967267' date='Sep 25 2010, 12:29 AM']hello matty... be a fool not be..... but do i really need another p-bass when i have a '62, a gorgeous japanese Tokai hard puncher, a heavily modded squier, and an SQ precision ! course i'm interested! but...
just trying to finalise a sale to a chap in belgium and hoping it goes through ok - it'll give me some cash!
cheers again

roger[/quote]
Ah, the curse of too many P-basses.
Tis a shame.

M

[quote name='Bassnut62' post='966133' date='Sep 23 2010, 09:25 PM']WHAT!!!! This amp hasn't sold already?!!!
Are you all mad?[/quote]

It would have gone at least a week ago if I could have raised the cash. My son's first few weeks at secondary school have hit harder than expected though plus I can't get it together to sell some gear. This bump's on me.

[quote name='Bassnut62' post='948530' date='Sep 7 2010, 05:26 PM']Have another free Bump on another Bassman fan
Great great great amp that will brighten anyone's day to play through it.
So what if it's heavy, we're all bass players here, so we'll be down the chyropractors before 45 yrs old anyway.
Good luck with the sale................and yes, you are of course completely mad to sell this beauty, but you know that already and what's it got to do with me anyway.
No doubt you must have a very good and hopefully musically exciting reason to sell it.[/quote]

I've got one too... Actually it was my dad's. He bough a new blonde/blackface (that sounds wrong!) amp and cab in '65 and upgraded to a new fangled black one in the 70's with 2x15 cab. Got me into shape moving it for him when I was kid! After he died I started using it and it will stay with me forever. Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='Huggy and the Bears' post='972934' date='Sep 30 2010, 05:11 PM']I've got one too... Actually it was my dad's. He bough a new blonde/blackface (that sounds wrong!) amp and cab in '65 and upgraded to a new fangled black one in the 70's with 2x15 cab. Got me into shape moving it for him when I was kid! After he died I started using it and it will stay with me forever. Good luck with the sale![/quote]

hmmm... just imagining it with that 2x15 cab !! ....

[quote name='gillento' post='976070' date='Oct 3 2010, 02:43 PM']Interested in a Markbass F1?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=104980"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=104980[/url][/quote]

hello 'gilento'..
thanks for the offer but not for me at the moment

but nice amps!
cheers
roger
(sorry about delay in response - on holiday!!!)

• 1 year later...

did the overseas chap ever get his bassman 135 ? I have a bassman 100 which I use for guitar, what a killer head, best clean sound I have heard, it has plenty of bell chime, it is not as spanky as a twin, but it is a better kind of clean to me, plus when U do gig's it really shines, the bass on it rocks for guitar, other amp's just do not compete, lot's of people have asked me about it, some have borrowed it for studio use, one guy said he thought it sounded better than a blonde 6g6, people always rave about the blackface bassmans, sometimes I wonder if it is for resale, I know they sound nice, I do like the silverface sound better, it is more clean sounding, less harsh. It is the best amp I have had, I maybe wish I got the bassman 50 tho, only because I don't gig anymore, and garage use only, may pick one up as well soon he he