Why become a member? ×

Is the Musicman Sterling the best budget bass

tino

[quote name='Sean' post='935167' date='Aug 24 2010, 07:07 PM']Do you mean Sterling by MusicMan? The MusicMan Sterling is a premium bass.

Here we go again :)[/quote]
Reality is I neither care or wish to I just hate the bugger that owns the company and chose to wipe me from memory....... :lol:

That and the other thread was becoming lonely :rolleyes:

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='935175' date='Aug 24 2010, 07:12 PM']You are very active today Tino have you been drinking lots of strong coffee or something?"Roasted" beans obviously![/quote]
You got it in one......gotta try to change the body clock...off to Chicago in the morning........... :)

[quote name='Johnston' post='935216' date='Aug 24 2010, 07:36 PM']Actually could anyone be as nice and list all the different flavours

I've never really been into them and don't really understand all the different variations that just sound the same but are apparently different!![/quote]
Theres the black one and the blue one

[quote name='Johnston' post='935216' date='Aug 24 2010, 07:36 PM']Actually could anyone be as nice and list all the different flavours

I've never really been into them and don't really understand all the different variations that just sound the same but are apparently different!![/quote]
For my money there is the pre Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray,Holy grail of the MM scene Original and best, But also the Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray all the rest for me are just reasons for people to buy other versions,Maybe the Stingray 5 if you like an extra string but for me standard 4 string and one big phat pup is the only way!
There are subs,olps,sterlingrays,ray34's and a whole raft of other stuff but stick to the pre EB and the standard EB 4 or 5 and you cant go wrong IMO.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='935265' date='Aug 24 2010, 08:14 PM']For my money there is the pre Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray,Holy grail of the MM scene Original and best, But also the Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray all the rest for me are just reasons for people to buy other versions,Maybe the Stingray 5 if you like an extra string but for me standard 4 string and one big phat pup is the only way!
There are subs,olps,sterlingrays,ray34's and a whole raft of other stuff but stick to the pre EB and the standard EB 4 or 5 and you cant go wrong IMO.[/quote]
In the main correct....BUT PLEASE.....Dont tell anyone I said so :)

Erm right,
Slo neck is like a Jazz neck rather than the standard oft called cricket bat (which I love).

Sub is weird and splits the camp the most,Its US made but not too well all the time and with cheaper bits, The finish is matt with a chequer plate pick guard with sharp edges,matt black neck? And when available new was way over priced and more than a perfect hardly used EBMM probably mainly sold on finance which the private sellers of secondhand EBMM's did not offer (harsh but fair).

OLP is good if you get a good one and IMO start with one for £150 ish maybe less if you like it upgrade to a second hand EBMM out of the forsale section on this very site!

Sterling and Ray 34 I dont think even fat poppa or whatever we call him knows anymore! :) But downgrade the sterling from a MIM because its made in Indonesia sort of up from an OLP and down from a SUB both of which are axed versions.

Edited by stingrayPete1977