Why become a member? ×

HELP!!!!

chipmunk_jr

hi,
I'm looking to buy my first bass amp and am not shour what to buy, does anyone have any suggestions that are cheap but still good enuff to play gigs with and are reliable. also if anyone has an EPIPHONE THUNDERBIRD PRO-IV BASS TRANS BLACK can you let me know what amp you use. thanks
Ben

Or keep yr eyes out for 2nd hand Hartke gear here on Basschat. I used to use a regular Epi T-Bird thru a Hartke stack, and the sound was awesome, they really seemed to work together well. Previous poster spot on with Peavey tho - reliable, loud, good value, and virtually indestructible.

+1 re the Hartke
a ten year old HA3500 head is a trusty piece of very affordable kit that will cover almost any situation. it is also very loud if you need big volume. You can pick up the Hartke cab combinations that suit you on here quite easily. For a good wide sound that will cover most situations I would suggest a 1 x 15 cab with a 2 x 10 cab. I think the Hartke 2 x 10 has a horn in it too, which could be useful.
You could probably pick up that rig for less than £450 without much difficulty and you would probably always get your money back on it if you chose to sell it too.