Why become a member? ×

F/T Hohner B2AV 5 string

oldslapper

Needed a 5 string for a brief project I'm involved in.
Ok, so bought this on a complete whim as I like the sound of the Hohner Jack bass and fancied a 5 string version, couldn't find one so tried the B2AV.

However, this baby has had the active pre amp removed by a previous owner who disconnected the tone control in doing so. So you've got 2 volume controls to adjust any variation in tone.
I've been playing it all night through my LMII and it sounds great, rear pup is very "finger funky" and the front has a P tone (it's a passive Jazz config so it should I guess).

I could live with the sound as it is, I've searched on line to see bout changing the pre amp, had some good advice on here about reconnecting the tone control.
But the bottom line is I can't get on with the bass physically, it's tiny, I'm huge! The neck seems to be very long, no matter where I put the strap, so no matter what I did with the pre amp, I'm still not going to be happy playing it.

Condition:
The previous owner didn't like the "Hohner" name as they've removed it from the body and pups (although you can still see it on the pups close up).
There's a few marks on the back of the body too.

It does feel a very substantial bass though, even though it's light.

Feels/sounds like it's got new strings on it, light gauge my guess and it has a nice action to my taste.

Comes with a hard case.
Maybe suit someone who gets on with this shape and is prepared to take care of the preamp.
Here are some pics taken with my phone tonight. Happy to put some more up in day light.

Not after cash, just a trade for a bass with a body please. 4 or 5 string, not that fussed as I have one main bass that I use all the time and any additional will be for back up.

I've borrowed a mates warwick 5'er for the recording......probably should have done that in the first place.

I'm in Dorset and can drive 45 mins or so to meet up/deliver.

Edited by oldslapper

[quote name='oldslapper' post='934403' date='Aug 24 2010, 08:02 AM']Ok, I'm putting this up for a cash sale now.

£200 posted with hard case.[/quote]

Great price for this.

Edited by TPJ