Why become a member? ×

For Sale or Trade: Spector NSQ4 Pro

jonsparrow91

[u]About the bass:[/u]

Tone video. (Through 1x15 amp and broken in strings, take this into account please.) [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyjLgJ3aoj8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyjLgJ3aoj8[/url]
Feel free to not comment about my shoddy playing :rolleyes: I move basses around so fast I rarely get used to them.

Flat basswood body (i.e. not the carved body you get on the high end Spectors.)
Passive EMG-HZ pickups and a two band EQ. This means you can get some really nice clear tones. Not so easy for vintage vibe though.
"Slate grey" finish and a quilted maple topwood. Looks black at first glance and dark purple under strong light.
Proper meaty Spector bridge (unlike the low end models which use cheap low mass bridges.)
Bolt on maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and pearl markers. Small tuners.
"[i]Precision crafted in Korea[/i]". Serial is 0106803.

Its in fairly good shape but has the usual swirly scratches and there's is a dent (or smoothed chip) on the side of the neck at the 10th fret. Luckily it is on the E side so you won't notice it while playing.

[b]I'm including the case I got with it for free (as I didn't pay for it.)
[/b]
At the moment this is just a feeler, I prefer a more vintage sound but I'm going to play around with it and see if I fall in love with it like the ATK. :)

What I'd like in return is a high-end Squier or a low-end Fender or similar (Yamaha BB series, etc. Not too fond of no-name brands though.) Also interested in hollowbodies and fretlesses. Wouldn't say no to a five stringer, definately say no to a 6 stringer! (Chunky fingers.) I think this a pretty reasonable offer, the new equivalent of this bass goes for £450.

I WILL SHIP THIS TO ANYWHERE IN THE UK. As I'm after a trade we'd both pay our own couriers.

[b]Thanks for looking, I'll have pics up a.s.a.p. Any questions? Just ask.[/b]

Added a sale price of £180. Personally I think this price is rather low but I'd be a dick to ask for a higher price than I paid! :lol: Edited by spaz91

I'm having real trouble finding the exact model of it so I've made the thread title a little more ambiguous. I'll email Spector with the serial number to get the exact model. I still think my trade requirements are fair though. :)

Found it. Its a Spector Q4 Pro, went for $750 (can't find a UK price) and they were made from 1999-2004. I'm assuming, looking at the serial, its a 2003 model. From snooping about the interwebs this was the line that the Professional Legend series replaced so I was close!

Edited by spaz91

Just to clarify things I'd like to trade for. I'm judging this bass's value at £200-£300.

Classic Vintage, Deluxe or Vintage Modified Squier basses.
Low end Fenders (MiM).
Reissue Fenders (I'll add £50 if I'm lucky enough to get an offer :))
Yamaha BB series, preferably 614/615.

I'm also interested in amps and effects. Particularly a cheaper head (Ashdown Little Giant) and maybe a 210 cab.

If you want to offer anything else, cash included, then feel free to ask. The worst I can do is say no. :rolleyes:

^ I noticed that sticker, didn't dare google to find out who they were. :)

No worries about not wanting to trade back! I tend to move through basses really quickly. Its a fantastic bass and you gave me a great deal but its just not quite 'the one'.

I should point out to any people considering trading for this that there is a high chance that I'll swap it for something else in no time at all.

[quote name='spaz91' post='935366' date='Aug 24 2010, 09:22 PM']^ I noticed that sticker, didn't dare google to find out who they were. :rolleyes:

No worries about not wanting to trade back! I tend to move through basses really quickly. Its a fantastic bass and you gave me a great deal but its just not quite 'the one'.

I should point out to any people considering trading for this that there is a high chance that I'll swap it for something else in no time at all.[/quote]

haha, i just put it on cuz it glows in the dark :)

glad you were able to get some pictures which make it look good, mine were awful!

good luck with the re-trade! free bump for a class bloke (is what i meant to put in my first reply)

Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump.

Just to save you the bother Jon :)