Why become a member? ×

SOLD Carvin LB75, 5 string with KAHLER TREM

7string

For sale or trade, here's my Carvin LB75 w/Kahler trem.

The Carvin has a narrow string spacing which I don’t mind in isolation, but I’m finding it tricky to switch between basses. It’s not getting played as much as my others, so that’s the only reason why I’m getting itchy feet and considering trades for it.

I’ve written a whole review on the Carvin [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=82466"]here on Basschat[/url], so there’s a whole bundle of info in there.

Here’s some pics:

...and with the trem arm in place!

Edited by 7string

[quote name='7string' post='927995' date='Aug 17 2010, 08:41 PM']I’m tentatively looking for trades for my Carvin LB75 w/Kahler trem.

The Carvin has a narrow string spacing which I don’t mind in isolation, but I’m finding it tricky to switch between basses. It’s not getting played as much as my others, so that’s the only reason why I’m getting itchy feet and considering trades for it.

I’ve written a whole review on the Carvin [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=82466"]here on Basschat[/url], so there’s a whole bundle of info in there.

Here’s some pics:

...and with the trem arm in place!

I’m after a direct trade for another 5 string fretted or fretless of the same value. No Fenders or MM not my particular cup of tea. I could also be tempted by an eub..

If you’re in doubt, I can only say no![/quote]
Hi there, I got a jap trb5 with nordstrands and audere preamp if your interested, a little scared but sounds alsome

[quote name='fluffo' post='931923' date='Aug 21 2010, 02:21 PM']Hi there, I got a jap trb5 with nordstrands and audere preamp if your interested, a little scared but sounds alsome[/quote]

Thanks, but I'll have to pass.

I have the opposite problems with Yamahas as the spacing's too wide. Had to sell my TRB6 II because of that.

Checked with mods before posting this :)

My Carvin is now on [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260657396282&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_1681wt_1137"]here on eBay[/url]

Willing to sell for £500 + free p&p to Basschatter's in the UK. If you're outside the UK then get in touch and we can sort something out.

Still looking for possible trades. 5 or 6 string fretted/fretless. Get in touch if you have anything which you think might be suitable.

Here’s the measurements of the Carvin.

Total length: 117cm (46”)
Total width: 33cm (13”)
Scale length: 864mm (34”)
Nut width: 46mm (1.8”)
String spacing at nut: 8mm (0.3”)
Bridge width: 71mm (2.8”)
String spacing at bridge: 15mm (0.6”)
Weight: 4.7kg (10.3 lbs)

A bit of explanation about string spacing!

I switched from a 4 to a fretless 6 string years ago, bypassing 5's completely. Eventually I moved to a 7 fretted and found it more and more difficult to play the Yamaha fretless. This is what's put me off the 19mm string spacing and I've had this thing in my head that it's just too wide.

I played a Lakland the other day and found that I really liked it. It was only after playing it that I found that it had a 19mm spacing! So it seems that 19mm is fine for me for 5's but not for 6's. My 7's have a 17mm spacing.

Why are these things so complicated :)

BUMP :)

Just out of interest, I used [url="http://www.carvinworld.com"]Carvin World[/url] to see how much a new one of these would cost.

The answer was £1573 and that's without the Kahler trem (which isn't an option nowadays), shipping and taxes. :rolleyes:

A chance for someone to pick up a bargain surely???!!

Edited by 7string

Price drop to £450 (+ p&p at cost).

Can't go lower than this I'm afraid :)

Just to say that the Kahler is a factory fitted option which is no longer offered.

Also a new Carvin LB75 in the same colour is now £1573! This doesn't include the trem so added buying that, getting the bass routed and the trem fitted for a new equivalent bass.

I can send more photos to anyone who's interest and if your near Glasgow, you're welcome to pop in and try it out.

Edited by 7string

Could anyone interested in this bass please bear in mind the price is £450 PLUS p&p to wherever you are. For various reasons, I can't drop the price any further :)

By the way, For p&p I use [url="http://www.P4d.co.uk"]P4D[/url] which is the cheapest way I've found of sending parcels in general. You get great prices for various couriers (DHL, TNT, Parcelforce) as well as quotes for guaranteed times and Saturday delivery. I've sent several things through there, including a Dano guitar just last week.