Why become a member? ×

harley benton cabs

Bay Splayer

[quote name='Bay Splayer' post='925568' date='Aug 15 2010, 01:44 PM']anyone got an opinion on HARLEY BENTON cabs, in particular the 2x10

cheers

mark[/quote]
for the money, yes but i've got a feeling you may want to invest a little bit more and get something that isn't as budget.

I used one of the 4x10's once, powered with a Behringer 300 watt head -- ran my sansamp direct into the power amp input of the amp, and then into the cab. Not the worst bass sound I've ever had, actually very usable, but nothing to write home about. Can't speak for reliability, but that cab has been at that venue for ages, and is presumably still there being used, so make of that what you will.

[quote name='allihts' post='927386' date='Aug 17 2010, 11:39 AM']I picked up the 4x10 second hand for £30! Didn't find out it was harley benton until recently, absolute bargain. It goes loud and gives a decent (not as good as my ashdowns) representation of what you dial into your head. [b][i]What do you want to use it for[/i]?[/b][/quote]

mainly for rehearsals, and pub type gigs.

my 2x15 is a bit of a beast to lug around everywhere but want to keep it for big gigs so fancied trying a 2x10