Why become a member? ×

David "DeLa" LaBruyere

NJE

I am just listening to John Mayer's first live album - 'Any Given Thursday' with David LaBruyere on bass. His tone and playing is just phenominal. His playing is busy but classy and really drives Mayer's tunes on. There is also some fantastic improv sessions particularly during Neon at the end.

Go have a listen, great music and a brilliant bass player, a huge insperation for me.

[quote name='Doddy' post='923832' date='Aug 13 2010, 01:26 PM']His playing on 'Room for Squares' and 'Heavier Things' is great. It's a shame and a surprise that he's not playing
with John Mayer anymore-although Sean Hurley is really cool too.[/quote]

I saw Shaun Hurley on Mayer's recent tour over here, good player no doubt, but not as interesting as DeLa. Saying that I think JM has tamed his music down a fair bit and it is very different to the tunes on Room for Squares which has a bit more pace and is a bit more complex for lack or a better word. I dont think DeLa could get away with playing like he did on Room for Sqaures on the newer Jm stuff so perhaps it needs someone a bit for tame for the new music.