Why become a member? ×

Little help

waynepunkdude

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='923318' date='Aug 12 2010, 10:53 PM']While I was at Beedster's house earlier I tried his DB and it gave me the bug.

I was looking on eBay and found[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rockabilly-Double-Bass-/160467430904?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Sting_Instruments#ht_500wt_1154"] this[/url] , would it be any good?[/quote]

The BIN price for a solid top seems way cheap. Wonder what make it is? Maybe you should ask the guy where he got it.

I have a cheapy upright & to contradict what I am sure would be the sensible advice on this forum, I reckon it'd suit getting you started. Mine was about £500 & it sounds great but the finish is terrible so the slightest knock will show - & does! I'd go for it, you can always sell it on

That crack on the neck joint looks a bit suspect. Apart from that I reckon cheap basses are much of a muchness - they're never going to blow you away tone-wise but if you don't like it you'll probably sell it again for £300 easily enough.

Also unless you are only interested in slapping you'll be looking at a new set of strings, so factor the price of those in.