Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Mike Dirnt Precision Bass- fantastic condition: SOLD

Old Horse Murphy

For sale is a Fender Mike Dirnt P Bass in fantastic condition in 2 tone sunburst. It is made in Mexico and is in wonderful condition with no obvious wear or dings. Build quality is superb and there is some nice figuring on the back of the neck. The body grain is gorgeous too.

It's in full working order and no issues whatsoever and was set up and fitted with La Bella Deep Talkin Flats recently. It also comes with a brand new Ritter padded gigbag which cost me £40. It also comes with both the original and a black 51 P Bass pickguard that is currently fitted.

The vintage 59 pickup sounds (as my Father In Law would say) "Hooooj".

I gigged with this last night on a couple of songs and it looks, feels (thanks to the contoured upper bout) superb. It's essentially a modded 51 P Bass but all the better for the mods in my opinion.

Dimensions/specs etc are here:

General
Model Number(s): 0138400303, 0138400306, 0138400341
Series: Artist
Color(s): (303) 2-Color Sunburst
(306) Black
(341) Vintage White
Neck Shape: Thick "C" Shape
Number of Frets: 20
Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
Position Inlays: White Dot Position Inlays
Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
Fretboard: Rosewood
Neck Material: Maple
Nut Width: 1.59" (40.4 mm)
Scale Length: 34" (863.6 mm)
NeckPlate: Custom 4 Bolt Neckplate
Pickup Configuration: Single Split-Coil Pickup
Middle Pickup: Custom Vintage '59 Split Single-Coil Pickup
Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
Hardware Finish: Chrome
Bridge: Leo Quan Badass® II
Tuning Machines: Vintage '70s Fender® Stamped Open Gear Tuning Machines
String Nut: Synthetic Bone

The cheapest I can find this new in the UK (in this colour scheme) is £629. With the upgraded gigbag, 2 pickguards, La Bellas and set up, I am looking for £440 (plus £20 P&P but happy for a pickup or meet half-way).

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='WonderHorse' post='922539' date='Aug 12 2010, 11:41 AM']Can I ask what's happening with the body?[/quote]

Need to get a decent set up done but I was intending on keeping the body and fitrting a new model P Bass neck to it.

Happy to potentially sell the bass complete though. It's the 2 tone sunburts version and is lovely :)

[quote name='Johnston' post='925091' date='Aug 14 2010, 07:07 PM']These are cracking and much underrated basses.

Any sound clips of it with the Labellas I was thinking of putting a set on mine[/quote]

Thanks mate :)

No sound clips I'm afraid but it does sound wonderful and really smooth

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='926813' date='Aug 16 2010, 07:35 PM']BUMP for my bass

Lots of interest so far but no takers.[/quote]

Hey OHM,

I'm a bit confused/thick, is the bass for sale the original Mike Dirnt, or if it's been moded what has been changed???

Cheers F61

[quote name='farmer61' post='926860' date='Aug 16 2010, 08:20 PM']Hey OHM,

I'm a bit confused/thick, is the bass for sale the original Mike Dirnt, or if it's been moded what has been changed???

Cheers F61[/quote]

Hi Farmer

It's a standard Mike Dirnt with just a change of pickguard and strings. Nothing else has been modded at all.

Cheers

Nick

• 2 weeks later...