Why become a member? ×

FS: Yamaha TRB-6p in SOLD

DanEzz

Outstanding 6 string, very easy to play and one of the best low B's i've heard. Can't seem to work out what year it is from the serial number assume either 85 or 95. This is a true players bass, a few dings and belt rash as you would expect on a well used pro instrument, the neck is spotless. Previous owner was Zoltan Dekany head of bass at Leeds College of Music. I'm looking for £1200 but will consider offers, would also go for a US standard jazz bass (4 string) with rosewood fingerboard and some cash my way.

Will chuck in a battered old Hiscox hard case.

The bass is in north London, feel free to come round and try it out, you wont be disappointed! D

Specs:

Neck-thru-Body
Scale Length 33-7/8" (860mm)
Fingerboard Ebony
Nut Width 2-3/16" (56mm)
Radius 39" (1000mm)
Frets 24
Body Figured Maple
Bridge BPZ-6 (with Piezo)
Pickups Single Coil x 2, Piezo Pickup
Pickup Switch 2 Balancer
Controls 5-Control System
Hardware Gold
Translucent Red Sunburst
Serial number 5Y09033

Edited by DanEzz

[quote name='mattbass6' post='921772' date='Aug 11 2010, 04:57 PM']Looking forward to seeing the pics. I just bought an immaculate one 3 months ago for £800.00. IMOA the one in Mansons was lovely and had Simms LEDS but was over priced. I'm not trying to ruin anything for you but thought you should know that you can pick these up for around £800 - £1000. A beautiful bass worth every penny with an incredible sound and feel that out strips many modern basses. I would never ever get rid of mine, I love them so much. Can't wait to see what you have. Good luck.

Cheers,

Matt[/quote]

Good for you, dont have a pop at the thread, the seller sells the buyer buys, or not, simple really. A PM would have made the point.. :)

[quote name='mattbass6' post='922351' date='Aug 12 2010, 09:27 AM']P.S. A beautiful looking bass and if I had the spare cash I would have it in a heartbeat. Good luck :)[/quote]

What for £1200? ;-)

Appreciate the advice Matt but I know what they go for. As you said originally you felt the one in Mansons was overpriced (identical bass sold @ £1600 with sims LED's) but someone bought it right? In my opinion this bass in this finish with all it's original bits and bobs (bar the case admittedly) is reasonably rare and worth a fair few quid to the right buyer. I don't think it's giving the game away to say i'm trying to make some money out of selling it. There wouldn't be much point putting it up at £800 and just hoping someone would offer me a grand or more.

I don't really know anything about forum rules but the more chatter the better I reckon as it keeps the ad up top!

Best, Dan

[quote name='mattbass6' post='922938' date='Aug 12 2010, 05:15 PM']Blimey, I don't have an issue with the price. I was just enlightening him to the fact that the TRB6ps go for a certain figure and if he didn't want it hanging around for long then maybe a nudge in the right direction, price wise, might be of benefit. There is no malice intended, just some friendly advice. I would want to know and have been told many a time on this forum and not via PM. What makes this so different? :)[/quote]

Hey, it's in very good condition considering it's now a 15 year old bass. A few dings here and there in the usual places, prob 7/10 purely on looks (assuming you like things looking 'as new') If you're nearbye feel free to come to Finchley and try it.

Refretted by Chris May at Overwater in 2006 so they are in good nick and the truss rods are fine. Plays fantastic.

Of course it's the TRB you've been reaching for! Buy it! D

[quote name='slapierro' post='923861' date='Aug 13 2010, 01:43 PM']:rolleyes: it's the TRB6-P that i've allways reached for!
is that yammy in good condition? how grade /10?
is the frets ok too? are the 2 truss-rod working well?
thanks to reply :)[/quote]

Just seen you're in Paris so try out might not be an option! Let me know if you want some close up pics of the marks, i'll see what I can do.

[quote name='DanEzz' post='923934' date='Aug 13 2010, 02:35 PM']Hey, it's in very good condition considering it's now a 15 year old bass. A few dings here and there in the usual places, prob 7/10 purely on looks (assuming you like things looking 'as new') If you're nearbye feel free to come to Finchley and try it.

Refretted by Chris May at Overwater in 2006 so they are in good nick and the truss rods are fine. Plays fantastic.

Of course it's the TRB you've been reaching for! Buy it! D[/quote]