Why become a member? ×

Where to put button on a hollowbody bass..

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='917378' date='Aug 6 2010, 08:34 PM']I have a Dean Hollowbody bass. Trouble is , I don't know where to put another button on it ,
so that I can actually play it with a strap.Any ideas? (I don't want to put it on the neck tho' :) )

Don't know why these manufacturers ,didn't put two buttons on the bass anyway. :rolleyes:

Cheers[/quote]
Bootlace around the headstock behind the strings above the nut. Tie the bootlace through the hole in the strap. Sort of like this:

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='917433' date='Aug 6 2010, 09:22 PM']Bootlace around the headstock behind the strings above the nut. Tie the bootlace through the hole in the strap. Sort of like this:

[/quote]

I did think of that :) Wasn't too sure how stable it would be . Looks good the way you did it.

It still baffles me why the manufacturers of these instruments , cant put both strap buttons on :rolleyes:

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='917754' date='Aug 7 2010, 10:00 AM']Yeah,maybe that's the answer. :)[/quote]
Yep sure is. I've done it for a couple of people now.
One guy did a lot of fingerboard tapping so needed the extra freedom of movement around the neck. Plus the strap hugs you and is therefore less likely to fall off if you are moving about or not playing.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='917765' date='Aug 7 2010, 10:10 AM']Yep sure is. I've done it for a couple of people now.
One guy did a lot of fingerboard tapping so needed the extra freedom of movement around the neck. Plus the strap hugs you and is therefore less likely to fall off if you are moving about or not playing.[/quote]

Thanks for that. Will do it this way. :)

I hate tying a strap at the nut, its the weakest point of the guitar and it doesn't take much leverage to get the neck flexing. Makes me wince when i see guitars like this.
I screw strap buttons in the neck heel, safe, secure, unobtrusive and yes, I don't know why manufacturers don't do this as standard.

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='918480' date='Aug 8 2010, 02:25 AM']I hate tying a strap at the nut, its the weakest point of the guitar and it doesn't take much leverage to get the neck flexing. Makes me wince when i see guitars like this.
I screw strap buttons in the neck heel, safe, secure, unobtrusive and yes, I don't know why manufacturers don't do this as standard.[/quote]

It shouldn't be so much strain on the neck with a hollow bodied bass - I wouldn't do it with a pre CBS Jazz though :)